Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #1021
donk5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

A coworker of mine was at a very well known brewery in my town with his family. He said that his father asked for a something that was as close to budweiser that they had available. The waiter returned with a pint of water. Hilarious.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #1022
lewishowardm3
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk5
A coworker of mine was at a very well known brewery in my town with his family. He said that his father asked for a something that was as close to budweiser that they had available. The waiter returned with a pint of water. Hilarious.
Haha

Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #1023
causeimthesquid
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I was at the Defiant Brewery in Pearl River, NY and a couple of construction guys came in around 3pm. One of them obviously liked craft beer but the guy he brought in was a little awe struck.

The bartender, and head brewer, asked him what'd he'd have and they guy said "well I normally drink Coors Light. You got anything like that around?"

The bartender told him "I can get you a pint of the water I use before we make beer."

Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #1024
kombat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 691 Times on 446 Posts
Likes Given: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzwyatt View Post
Water is one of the few substances that expands at reduced temperatures, so density decreases and ice floats.
That's not accurate.

Water only exhibits that anomalous behaviour (expanding while cooling, instead of contracting while cooling like everything else) between 0 and 4 degrees celcius.

At all other temperatures, it behaves like everything else. If you cool ice further, it will contract. If you take 1L of water at 100 degrees celcius and cool it to 4 degrees C, its volume will be decreasing all the way down.

As it cools from 4 degrees to 0 degrees (that is, it freezes), it rapidly expands, even beyond its initial volume. Below 0, it returns to contracting, but it will never contract back down to its initial (liquid) volume, even to Absolute Zero (0 degrees Kelvin), which is why it will float.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #1025
logan3825
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Sorry I have to disagree with you, super human levels of stupidity is a great source of comedy. Once I realized, if you let human stupidity make you frustrated and mad all the time you will be miserable, I was a lot better off. Trust me, I spent several years of my life furious about how stupid people are, one day I just laughed at somebody in line at a fast food place. She was dumb and rude and it hit me why get mad and let her bring me down with her. She walked up from behind me when I had been in line, and insisted she was next? I didn't argue or anything, probably a first for me. Instead, I just laughed right in this woman's face, I promise it felt better then trying to argue back or reason with her. Some people just aren't capable, and we can't control or fix them.
It isn't a source of comedy because it forces many many restrictive and stupid knee jerk reactions from companies and the government to protect themselves from stupid.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #1026
assistantreaper
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

people assume that the alcohol content is related to how long something ferments or ages.

"you've been aging that since last march? Wow, thats gonna get you drunk!"

Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #1027
brewman243
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Before I started brewing, someone was explaining to me that the longer it ferments, the more alcohol it has. He was a brewer, accomplished in his eyes.

Oh, and this one from me WAY before I started brewing."I don't like ales, they're too bitter."
Aparantly me first selection of an ale was one of the eepas I've heard about or something else with more flavor then Bud. That was my previous beer of choice, now I use it wash yeast. Its cheap, sanitary, and no 0ff-flavor... or On-flavor for that matter
Regards,

the problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem- Capt. Jack Sparrow

People Like This 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #1028
Lushife
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by assistantreaper
people assume that the alcohol content is related to how long something ferments or ages.

"you've been aging that since last march? Wow, thats gonna get you drunk!"
That really annoys me when they're talking about liquor

Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #1029
Lushife
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewman243
Before I started brewing, someone was explaining to me that the longer it ferments, the more alcohol it has. He was a brewer, accomplished in his eyes.

Oh, and this one from me WAY before I started brewing."I don't like ales, they're too bitter."
Aparantly me first selection of an ale was one of the eepas I've heard about or something else with more flavor then Bud. That was my previous beer of choice, now I use it wash yeast. Its cheap, sanitary, and no 0ff-flavor... or On-flavor for that matter
Regards,
Eepa? Do you mean IPA?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #1030
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2579 Times on 1651 Posts
Likes Given: 5063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushife View Post
Eepa? Do you mean IPA?
why? how do you pronounce it? I also like to drink ahpa's.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Quick Reply