Originally Posted by ezatnova
All walls were painted by us when we moved in and nothing has ever been smoked in the house...and no candles. This was definitely brown sticky residue all over the walls facing exterior portions of the house, condensing the steam from the brew.
Think about how you distill liquid. The lighter water vapor evaporates and the heavier water/sugar (wort) stays behind. Unless your kitchen stove is absolutely blasting heat (enough to evaporate sugar and water at the same time) this is just normal condensation and not wort escaping the pot.
You should look into other causes of moisture in your home as well, it could be a mold or something.