Funny fermentation stories...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bing09

Reaction score
Everytime I let my dog out to use the outdoor restroom, I check on my fermenting beers and watch them bubble for a few minutes. Well last night I checked the bubblin action....woke up this morning and did the same thing, but realized that I left the deep freezer lid open. Luckily my warming pad kept my beer fermenting at 50 F but the water in my bubbler didn't make it out alive from the below zero temps. I pulled the frozen airlock off the carboy only to be surprised by the pressure built up in the carboy!!! Oh the good times in brewing!!!

Any other funny stories out there?

Just a few airlock rockets that caused me to have to clean the ceiling with a mop. The SWBMO was giving me death stares for hours after that.

I brewed my first batch on my birthday with my FIL about a year ago. Figured since we were makin good beer oughta be DRINKIN good beer, so I bought about $75 worth of craft beer...Imperial Stouts, Imperial IPAs, Belgians, Browns...THE MORE THE MERRIER

Needless to say, FIL & I got WASTED, did just about everything wrong, had no way to cool the wort so we drank and waited till the temp dropped (leaving the lid off the whole time!), had a blast, trashed the kitchen, FIL (think 6'3", 300 lbs.) dropped the bucket (but did NOT spill it!!!) carrying back to his place next door and went head first over the top of it (but did NOT spill it!!!) and guess what?

WE MADE BEER, BWAH HAH HAAAHHH!!!!! :tank:

Very nice! I get to frustrated while brewing sometimes. I need to have a few more beers while brewing to ease the worry.

Brewing should be fun bro, not stressfull. Once you get your process down your brew day will become second nature. I got much less stressed once I didn't have to check a book or recipe or magazine article or HBT tutorial every couple of minutes!!!

RDWHAHB :mug:

Back