Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Full boils here I come!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
zurcj20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Full boils here I come!!

SWMBO and I were walking through BJ's this afternoon and I came across a 30 QT Stainless steel turkey fryer for $60.00! Pretty stoked about this. Next stop, wort chiller! In the mean time what woukd be the best way to cool 5 gallons without a chiller if I can't wait till I get one? I'm gonna try to get some copper this weekend to make a chiller.

"To alchohol, The cause of, and solution to all of lifes problems!" -Homer Simpson

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
2-0turbo
Recipes 

I fill my tub with cold water and throw the whole pot in there with a sanitized lid. It works fine. Figure 1-hour for the temp drop. Five batches down and no problems so far.

-Matt

BB Primary 1: O'Flannagains Standard Stout
BB Primary 2: DFH-60 minute clone
BB Secondary 1: Dark Soul of the Night Russian Imperial Stout (Until Oct 2010 sometime)
Bottle Conditioning: None
On Hand: DFH-60 minute clone, Light Pilsner (Munton's kit)
Up Next: I dunno...I'm out of fermenters.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
RegionalChaos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yea, I've ended up setting mine in the tub too... Looking forward to using some cubes and going no-chill..

Planned House Ales: an Amber, an IPA, a dark IPA, a Mango Ale, a blueberry oatmeal stout, a dry Irish stout, a honey wheat, Apfelwien

What kind of R-Value does your ferm chamber need? - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/what...hamber-190459/

Quick Reply