Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Frozen package! Can starsan freeze?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
jevehn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Frozen package! Can starsan freeze?

Hey All,

I recently ordered a few things online, and I'm pretty sure they sent my package to my home address instead of my work address as requested.

What this means is that instead of sitting in my nice warm office until I got them, they've been sitting in a community mailbox since Friday. It's been about -10*C overnight for the last few days.

Amongst my items was 32oz of starsan and 2 hops rhizomes. Are these going to survive, or am I do I have to make a few angry phone calls?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 9

StarSan will be fine.

Hop rhizomes, I am not sure. Freezing is not ideal for them. But more importantly, who is selling rhizomes at this time? Most farmers do no harvest their rhizomes until late March. I would probably be more worried about the original quality first and the freezing second.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
jevehn
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

There is a possibility that the rhizomes are not in this package (and I hope they aren't).

The checkout on the site I ordered from is kinda clunky, and although there is some mention of late shipping on the hops page, it didn't say to much when I checked out. I had wanted to preorder a few rhizomes alongside some supplies, and in Canada you don't have a lot of options. In fact, homebrew-supplies.ca is the only place that sells both starsan and hops rhizomes.

edit: just checked the supplier page, and the hops rhizome area is updated.. nothing will be shipping until late april, so it's just the starsan I need to worry about.

Reason: update

Quick Reply