Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > This freaking rocks!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 02:08 AM   #11
Axegod
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Wow...you read my mind..I was about to post that same thing. Two near boil-overs. I had to babysit that kettle like never before.
Ya, I have a 13 or 14 gallon fermentor - and have done a couple of 10 or 11 gallon batches. I think I figured out my capacity and required water levels. I basically start with a higher OG whilst boiling and water it down as I go. It started by accident since I had to dump a couple extra gallons into the keggle to stop boilovers.

The end result is that I have to account for the boilover water and make up for the body and ABV in the grain bill.
On Order: nothing at all..for a few months
Thinking about: Plisner malt and saaz hops
Drinking:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply