Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Flying Fish and Philadellphia Brewing Company yeasts free at my LHBS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
max4677
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Flying Fish and Philadellphia Brewing Company yeasts free at my LHBS

No idea if this is the right forum...

For our Big Brew/Homebrew Day (~280 Gallons this year) we had yeast from Philadelphia Brewing Company and Flying Fish donated for our use. Beercrafters still has a lot of Flying Fish left along with some PBC as well. I believe the PBC was an American Ale type of yeast like Wyeast 1056. The FF was an English Ale type.

On the day (5/3) I made three beers and all of them were bubbling furiously within 2 hours. I grabbed about 2 L of slurry yesterday so I know there is a lot left. It is kept at the store in one of their fridges in the back. Bring out a sanitized container and call ahead 856.2-BREWIT to be sure they still have it. I know they are planning on dumping it soon.

I'd rather not have it go to waste if possible. If they ask how you know about it, just say you are friends with Mark Maxwell and I told you to get some.

Of course while you are there, buy something from the store. It's only fair.

1. Slyfox 2008 Dunkelweizen
2. None

Bottled:
None

Brewing:
None

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply