Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > First time stewarding a competition score

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
skeeordye11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default First time stewarding a competition score

I stewarded a HB competition yesterday and it was awesome! First I got to taste most of the beers in my 2 flights, and talk to a few BJCP judges and learn more than I can communicate about tasting beer. Then we got to help ourselves to the leftover beers that didn't make it to the best of show round, so I brought home a case of various homebrews. Then we had a raffle where I won 2 extract kits, a gift certificate for dinner and beers, a T-shirt and a pint glass. What a great day!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

Sounds like a good time. I judged for the first time last year. It was that or no 'free' lunch. Did about 20 bitters. I'll probably judge again this year, for the same reason. This is one of the oldest HB competitions in the US.

The 27th Annual Heart of the Valley Homebrewers Oregon Homebrew Festival

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply