Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > First party featuring my homebrew was a success

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Loup
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default First party featuring my homebrew was a success

My wife and I threw an end of season party last night, I had a red ale (my first batch) and a fake oktoberfest (my second batch) and then a few bottles of an alcoholic ginger ale (did a small, 1 gallon batch) and then some leinie's original if anyone didn't want the homebrew stuff.

The Leinie's never even got touched, went through about a case and a half of my homebrew. The Oktoberfest was apparently the favorite of the evening, and one person had actually brought some beer, drank one of mine, drank one of the commercial beers they brought, and then went back to drinking mine for the rest of the night.

One friend who is a die hard grain belt premium drinker asked me to bring over some of my oktoberfest for a get-together next weekend.

Overall, I'm very pleased by how it went.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
Brakeman_Brewing
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

The sweet taste of success...and beer!

Old 10-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
GIusedtoBe
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

When its good 5 gallons seems like nothing compared to the labor to make it. When it sucks its a ton. Your problem now is that your friends will want to sponge your HB's and they think it has no cost to you.

Congrats,
Al

Old 10-06-2008, 04:02 AM   #4
Loup
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The only thing that annoyed me about the whole thing was that I went through trying to tell them about the sediment in the bottom of the bottles and how when pouring it into a glass they should leave the last little dribble in the bottle and so on, and then one guy asks if it's OK to just drink out of the bottle, I said that's fine if you don't mind the sediment, and after that my wife and I were the only ones not drinking it straight from the bottle.

Oh well.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:05 AM   #5
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loup View Post
The only thing that annoyed me about the whole thing was that I went through trying to tell them about the sediment in the bottom of the bottles and how when pouring it into a glass they should leave the last little dribble in the bottle and so on, and then one guy asks if it's OK to just drink out of the bottle, I said that's fine if you don't mind the sediment, and after that my wife and I were the only ones not drinking it straight from the bottle.

Oh well.

I know exactly what you are talking about.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
DutchK9
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loup View Post
My wife and I threw an end of season party last night, I had a red ale (my first batch) and a fake oktoberfest (my second batch) and then a few bottles of an alcoholic ginger ale (did a small, 1 gallon batch) and then some leinie's original if anyone didn't want the homebrew stuff.

The Leinie's never even got touched, went through about a case and a half of my homebrew. The Oktoberfest was apparently the favorite of the evening, and one person had actually brought some beer, drank one of mine, drank one of the commercial beers they brought, and then went back to drinking mine for the rest of the night.

One friend who is a die hard grain belt premium drinker asked me to bring over some of my oktoberfest for a get-together next weekend.

Overall, I'm very pleased by how it went.
I will drink a case a day on my Canada fishing trip. Guess I need to sober up.
Guinnesss Extra Stout Clone
Secondary
Bottled & Kegged
Guinnesss Extra Stout Clone, Bass Ale Clone, Midwest English Bitter, Muntons Nut Brown Ale, Coopers Pilsener, Northern Bock, Apfelwein, Select Premium-Merlot, Select Premium-Borolo, Select Premium-Valpolicella, Northern Nut Brown Ale
Gone
Midwest Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Midwest Hanks Hefeweizen

Old 10-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
drunkatuw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I had my first party featuring my homebrew on saturday as well. I was surprised how much people enjoyed the beer. I know that I like it a lot, but I wasn't sure how my sister's sorority sisters and their spouses would respond.

I had BM's Cream of 3 Crops and Edwort's Oktoberfest (with victory malt accidentally subbed for vienna) on tap and the girls started drinking the cream ale and said the beer was really good and asked what kind of beer it was. When my sister responded that I brewed it and they were all shocked. After about 15 min my sister asked if I had a pitcher so they didn't have to make as many trips to the basement. The pitcher was constantly being refilled all night.

And the guys all loved the oktoberfest, one guest even asked if he could buy a keg of oktoberfest off of me. I told him I was flattered but the ATF frowns upon people selling beer without a liquor license.

So I felt like I got a big pat on the back and now I'm excited to brew my next batch.

Secondary:
On Deck: Lake Walk Pale Ale, BCB IPA

Old 10-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkatuw View Post
And the guys all loved the oktoberfest, one guest even asked if he could buy a keg of oktoberfest off of me. I told him I was flattered but the ATF frowns upon people selling beer without a liquor license.
Had the same thing happen at my party which was the highest compliment I could ever have gotten. I told him he could buy the ingredients and I'd brew it for him as long as he came over to pitch the yeast, so it'd be his beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd

Quick Reply