Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > First Competition Results

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
Bwood1377
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default First Competition Results

So I finally took the plunge and entered my first competition. I entered a milk stout and american brown ale. My milk stout scored a 32.5, which I was pretty surprised about that I got that good of a score for it and my brown ale scored a 26 (they said it had a bit of a vegetal taste, not sure where it would have come from). Overall it was a good experience and made me feel better about my homebrewing skills. Both beers were extract kits and not that they didn't taste good but I felt that they could be much better (another reason why I entered into a competition) and I felt that they all had a similar taste to them. It was also good to get feedback from someone other than my friends or family where I was getting an honest opinion. I have since started all grain (biab) so we'll see where that goes. Cheers!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply