Finding mini liquor bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msarro

Reaction score
Hey everyone. SWMBO and I just found a lovely recipe for harvest cordials. We're considering making them and giving them as gifts for the holidays, but the thing we're having a problem with is finding tiny bottles to put it in. We're looking for bottles - the type they have at the front desk at the liquor store (for those of you who are in Pennsylvania or NY, you'll know what I mean). Anyone have any idea where you can hunt those bad boys down at? I've been looking online and can find tons of bottles, but none that have that sort of "tiny little bottle" shape. PS, if you're interested in the recipe I'll include it.

Here is the recipe -

1/2 cuplight brown sugar
1/2 cupwhite sugar
2 1/4 cups apple juice
1 tspreal vanilla extract
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground ginger
1/2 tspground nutmeg
1/4 tspground cloves
1/2 tspground allspice
1/2 tspdried, chopped orange peel
1 cupwhite brandy
1/2 cup100 proof vodka

Bring brown sugar, white sugar and apple juice to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and orange peel. Boil for 4 minutes and remove from heat. Let stand until just warm. Transfer to a clean 1 qt aging vessel. Add vanilla, brandy and vodka. Cover tightly and let stand for 1-4 weeks. Filter out solids before bottling.

Read more: Fall Spice Cordial recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink10160.html

We did manage to find some 50ml bottles online for about 65 cents a piece, source is here: http://www.sunburstbottle.com/glass-bottles/decorative

Hopefully if anyone else can use this, it'll prove useful. Not sure if the fact that the bottles are clear makes a difference or not. I've never made cordials before, only tinctures (and i know light is a factor there).

Back