Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Finding the Elder (marylamd)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #31
Kmcogar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

As I continue my search for the elder I find out my step father had to travel to California for work. I thought to myself.....perfect! I asked him to pick me up a bottle and mail it over to me. I even called all the liquor stores closest to his hotel to find out which one was carrying.
No word of him picking it up yet, but he was kind enough to send me a picture of him drinking if at some local bar (bastard). He also was kind enough to tell me it was delicious.
I then happen to hang out with an old buddy of mine, drinking some craft beers, catching up, and I tell him about the Elder. He says...."my sister lives in California....maybe she could grab some for ya" ME: really?! Where??! Him: Santa Rosa
PERFECT! She lives miles from the brewery.
The Elder will be mine....Oh yes he will be mine

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
theblaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICWiener View Post

On the flip side of that, I've gone into hole-in-the-wall pizza joints in San Francisco that have it on frickin' tap! Seems like a lot of their production run funnels into the bay area.
Yeah, hate to say it but in downtown SF you can't swing a dead cat without knocking into a Pliny tap. Well, I don't hate to say it, what with working downtown and all. There are definitely quite a few places a short walk from Union Square that have it on tap. So come on out and have a beer vacation of a lifetime!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply