Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Finally, labels for my beer.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #11
kenmc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I use a diluted PVA adhesive/sealer/glue from DIY (the one I use is called Polybond) to apply labels - slap it on with a brush. It washes right off as well. You can even seal the label to stop it from running when wet. great stuff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2005, 08:42 AM   #12
kenmc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

BTW, what SW does everyone use? I'm using TheGimp these days, cos its freeware and it's pretty powerful. Only difficulty I have with it is trying to get curved text

Old 07-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #13
andre the giant

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

My wife uses Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to make the labels. She was a designer for five years, so that layout stuff is pretty quick and easy for her. She was going for a simple, consistant look. She threw these together in a hour or so. It took much, MUCH longer to print them out, cut them, and stick them to the bottles than it did to design.

After a year of sitting idle, Andre's All-Grain Brewery has reopened.
Batch #59-Kolsch (Secondary)
Batch #60-Blueberry Ale (Primary)

Last edited by andre the giant; 07-08-2005 at 02:51 PM.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #14
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

I Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. One of my hats is that of a designer, so I'm pretty handy with a pixel.

So now I'm a photo geek, developer geek, designer geek and home-brew geek. At least with home brewing, if I'm ever on a deserted island I know how to get the party started.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #15
fsinger
Recipes 

And I thought I was the only one that makes labels for his brew! Yours are great! I like the consistent look, which is important to me. I have a ribbon banner on each one with month and year of brew and the statement "Hand Crafted by Fred" With root beer it is "Hand Crafted by Grampa", then the rest of the label changes with the variety.

Glue stick or rubber cement (with the little brush) works good because they wash off so well, but damn, what a pain to cut the labels and paint the glue. I bought shipping labels, and will deal with the hassle on the other end instead.

Brewing this weekend:
1) Oatmeal stout (1st try of this kind)
2) Outback Amber (a clone of the local Mac & Jack ale)

Bottle conditioning:
1) HefeWeizen
2) Czech Pilsner

Quick Reply