Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Finally hit the CL jackpot.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #11
dbrewski
This is my User Title
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I used the craigslist notification app to score two kegs just last week, one was polished with the top cut out. I contacted the guy within minutes of his posting. It is an awesome app, not sure why they would block it unless craigslist felt like it was infringing or something.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
Conan
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Did you pick this stuff up from Amherst, NY? I just messaged the guy about the propane burner, but it's sold. Oh well. Then, while reading this thread I noticed the same 8x5 gal, 2x3 gal kegs listed in his post. Drat! Kyle

Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
slopoke89
Recipes 

I have an awesome hookup. My father-in-law works for a Pepsi distro and I get my corny kegs for very, very, very cheap. I could probably hook some folks up that are in southern AZ-Tucson-Sierra Vista area, if there are any out there that are interested.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #14
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 508 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrewski View Post
I used the craigslist notification app to score two kegs just last week, one was polished with the top cut out. I contacted the guy within minutes of his posting. It is an awesome app, not sure why they would block it unless craigslist felt like it was infringing or something.
One of the things I read was speculation that CL wouldn't like the idea that somebody charges money for an app, because that would be profitting from their platform and they intend for it to be free...but heck if I know.

I do know that when I checked it yesterday at 10:30am Pacific, it wasn't up, and the posts I read on the topic dated back to 2011. I want the app though! If anyone figures out where I can get it, please let me know!

First Brew was thanksgiving 2011, I'm at 103 batches and counting (as of 11/11/2014), and ran out of room in my signature to list them all.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 485 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The link works for me. I already have the program and I hate it. I hate it because the keywords I have set up never return brewing related items. Co2 gives me fishing or paintball stuff, cooler brings me to car ads, and keg gives me "magic the gathering"cards. Wtf, yo.

Mikeysab on untappd.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #16
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 508 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
The link works for me. I already have the program and I hate it. I hate it because the keywords I have set up never return brewing related items. Co2 gives me fishing or paintball stuff, cooler brings me to car ads, and keg gives me "magic the gathering"cards. Wtf, yo.
I'm officially baffled. That link neither works when I launch it on my laptop, nor when I launch it on my Droid. I have no idea how it could possibly be working for anyone else, but I'm no software devloper so instead I'll go back to my glass of Pliny, which, honestly, I don't enjoy as much as the DIPA I just got kegged!

First Brew was thanksgiving 2011, I'm at 103 batches and counting (as of 11/11/2014), and ran out of room in my signature to list them all.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #17
cthulu1975
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

@Conan yes it was in amherst, guy getting out of the hobby. I was there at 9am and his cell was getting lit up. He was charging 15 year old prices, wish i had more scratch on me.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:42 AM   #18
mrgstiffler
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcHokie View Post
Heck, that would have been a decent deal just for the 2-3 gallon cornies. Sorta like you just got 8 ball locks for free, nice score.
That's what I was thinking!

Old 06-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
BrewingChemist
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 73

do you have the apk of the app you can post? then we can just dl it and install it manually
thanks!

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS