Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Feeling bad about not using my LHBS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #171
Jukas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 23

If you ever get a new (as in brand new construction) Whole Foods in your area check them out. We had 3 between my immediate city and the neighboring two. About a year ago they build a brand new Whole Foods not 5 miles from my house. In addition to a large craft brewing section, they put in a taproom, and home brewing supplies. Their base & specialty grains are equal or cheaper to the LHBS, their White labs vials are $1 cheaper and they carry the WHL Brett & Lacto/Ped bugs. Plus their dry goods (stick on thermometer, 2L flask, 3pc airlock, carboy handle etc) are 15 - 20% cheaper.

I still make my LHBS my first stop, because most of the people there are great and I can ask them questions about styles or processes I'm not used to. At Whole Foods it seems that the guy who knows about home brewing does the ordering & manages the section, but is rarely there. So it's great if you need items, not so great if you need advice. At this point I use Whole Foods as my backup LHBS as their hours are much better (8am-9pm 7days vs 10am-5pm Tues-Sat) but still make the LHBS my first stop if possible.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply