Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Feedback Questionnaire/Review of Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
The Dude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Feedback Questionnaire/Review of Beer

Hello,

I have been brewing for a couple years now and have given out a bunch of beers. I usually get some type of verbal feedback which usually consists of "I really liked it" or, "it's not really my type of beer". I would like to get back some more constructive feedback than what I have been getting.

I was thinking about giving people a "review form" when I give out bottles and have them return it to me (maybe anonymous, maybe not). What are some questions I could have them answer? Does anyone else do this sort of thing?

Thanks,
Scott

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
brewt00l
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I don't because quite honestly, you don't get much better feedback from most average folks.

If you really want constructive feedback, I have found it best to seek out other brewers and general beergeek types who are already familiar with various styles and can point out specific strong & weak points. Getting feedback from people with knowledge of beer in general has provided me with plenty of valuable info and insight into my recipe/brewing.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt00l View Post

If you really want constructive feedback, I have found it best to seek out other brewers and general beergeek types who are already familiar with various styles and can point out specific strong & weak points. Getting feedback from people with knowledge of beer in general has provided me with plenty of valuable info and insight into my recipe/brewing.
+1 on this, a BMC slugger is not going to give you the kinda of feedback you are looking for...find some fellow brewers or at least some beersnobs.

And if it's beergeeks you can use the Beer Judge Certification Program judging sheets which give you descriptors and areas to examine for each beer (such as aroma, mouthfeel, color, etc.)

You can download the pdf file of them here; http://www.bjcp.org/SCP_BeerScoreSheet.pdf

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-17-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
SteveM
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 90

The group where I go for tastings has a beer judge that joins us sometimes. His feedback is very useful since he knows the types, how they are supposed to taste, how they can go wrong and so on. This does not mean that he is an expert in the brewing process (though he is pretty knowledgable), but he can give very helpful constructive criticism. He knowledge is incredible - I learn more from him than anyone else. If you can get some feedback from one of these guys, it will be very helpful.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #5
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Enter a couple of competitions. you get score sheets back and they're judged blindly. I think this is a fantastic way to go.

I am lucky to have an excellent beer judge and one of the only 5 cicerones in existence in my extended circle of friends, so I make him drink a lot of my stuff for feedback. I enter comps too because then it isn't as biased.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
fat x nub
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

at one of my LHBS they sit around and drink homebrews. Go into urs and give em a beer and see what they think

Primary 1-This Bud's for you
Primary 2- Cream Ale
Secondary 1- Strong Scotch Ale
Secondary 2- empty
Bottled/Kegged- Centinneal Blonde, Apfelwein
Up Next- MyCastle (N.English Brown Ale), Hooch Pale Ale
Thinking About: Tripple Bock, Chocolate Stout, open to suggestions

"Every beer is a good beer if I can taste the brewer's intent"
-Jim Koch

Is this guy serious??:

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabeach1 View Post
so barley is a leaves of hops? or barley is a different plant? and blend with hops? I need that to be cleared thanks..

Quick Reply