Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Favorite online Homebrew Supply store?

View Poll Results: Where do you order from the most?
Northern Brewer 81 23.14%
More Beer 43 12.29%
Austin Homebrew 84 24.00%
Williams Brewing 11 3.14%
Home Brew Mart 1 0.29%
I only buy locally 54 15.43%
Other 76 21.71%
Midwest Supply 56 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Aleforge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Favorite online Homebrew Supply store?

Where do you guys order from most and why?

Just to answer my own, I have pretty much done all my ordering from Austin and Northern over the years. But always willing to try someplace new!

PRIMARY - Orange Blossom Mead

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Aleforge; 05-07-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 27 Posts

I'm surprised to see that Midwest wasn't included on this list. I pretty much only order from Austin or Midwest.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
Brewmasters Warehouse
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by llazy_llama View Post
I'm surprised to see that Midwest wasn't included on this list. I pretty much only order from Austin or Midwest.
I was hoping to make the list as well, but if a major like Midwest can't make it then I guess I can not feel too bad.

Purchase a recipe with Brew Builder and save 10% off the recipe. Use discount code: BBBYO

Become a fan of BMW on Facebook.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2023 Times on 1455 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

I grab stuff at Sicilianos Market when I'm down that way, but when I buy online, I do Northern Brewer. They've done me well so far.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
HopheadNJ
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Austin Homebrew Supply - I've never ran into any problems, usually have what I need in stock, and fast cheap shipping! My nearest LHBS is 25min in the direction with the most traffic in NJ at all times and is expensive. I choose AHS because I order what I need and it shows up at my doorstep, beautiful, w/ great prices. Only downside is I can't do any spur of the moment batches!

Old 05-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
Aleforge
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Crap I forgot about Midwest, not woke up enough today! I just tossed this up quickly for fun this morning out of boredom.

If you put "other" just list it with a link if you guys will. And as far as "Brew masters warehouse" I had not heard of it, but it would be a good opportunity for those who haven't to check it out. That goes for any vendors that hang out here.

PRIMARY - Orange Blossom Mead

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

I think whether you're AG or not might make a difference. It seems some places are more geared towards beginners than others. One place might have a great selection of 'kits' where another focuses on a wider selection of grains and at better prices.

An example of each could be Austin HB and Midwest. I usually get grain at Midwest because their prices are good and I know exactly what I'm getting (i.e. I know I'm getting Weyermann German Pils instead of just 'German Pils')...and that makes a difference to me. But Austin has that cheapo shipping and I take advantage of it when I can.

I've tried some others and none were bad but they just didn't have a certain something I was looking for (I think this most recently happened with Dark Munich malt...Austin doesn't seem to carry it). Never used BW and I need to...heck they're the closest to me...and I just checked and they have Dark Munich.

Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 05-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #8
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmasters Warehouse View Post
I was hoping to make the list as well, but if a major like Midwest can't make it then I guess I can not feel too bad.
Oh wow, BMW should definately be on this list. I haven't ordered from you guys yet, but I do love to play around with the brew calculator.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #9
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3149 Times on 3056 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Midwest. My LHBS is 60+ miles away and I stack up on bulk grain and 5lb portions of specialty malts. Midwest usually gets all my yeast, ounce hop orders and any specialties I'm missing.

Hops from HopsDirect.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #10
Budzu
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

I'm voting Brewmaster's Warehouse. It's a tightly run ship and I get my stuff 2 days after ordering with flat shipping.

Cheers to BMW and HBT!

Quick Reply