Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Favorite beers or the Great Taste of the Midwest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
Rottnme
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

1. Peanut butter stout - Old Hat Brewery
2. Pooka (Boysenberry Sour) - Brugge Brasserie
3. Jalepeno Pepper Ale - Bent River
4. 2007 Dark Lord - Three Floyds
5. Coriander & Orange Wheat - Blue Cat Brew Pub

There should be a few more on the list but I can't recal them off the top of my head. Though this was only my second time at the festival I was a bit let down this year.

The real ale tent in particular was a complete bust for me, I had a couple of interesting beers but nothing that I really liked. In fact, the only thing that sticks out in my mind was a pair of dry hopped ales that I think may have been from Great Lakes (?) one was amarillo and the other cascade and it was interesting to taste the difference in such pure form. I think a lot of others felt the same way since by my second trip to the tent around 4:00 it was almost completely empty while last year you could barely step foot in it all day.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 03:16 AM   #12
HopHead24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a hard time remembering what I tasted...lol a few stand out from Three Floyd's. I was just too excited to be there for the first time and shocked at the size of the event. Missed Sam Adams booth for the Utopias. Goose Island was awesome as well. Had some Surly Darkness but I can get that here at home...about 5 miles from the brewery. Oh I still have an '08 Darkness in my basement!!!

Can't wait until next year!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply