Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Fathers Day = New Brewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
GySgtLynn
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Fathers Day = New Brewers

Had to stop by my LHBS on Friday to pick up some yeast for this weekends brew day. I thought I would be in and out within a matter of minutes, not the case. I was amazed at how many women were in the there buying brew kits for Fathers Day. I watched one wife buy the deluxe starter kit with 3 receipies and a 40 dollar gift card for whatever else he might need.
This got me to thinking, a couple years back for Fathers Day my wife took me there to get my starter kit. As I relfected, I have come a long way in a couple years. I started off with extract and bottles. Moved to 5 gallon all grain batches with a single keg and picnic tap. Next was 11 gallon batches, the 5 tap keezer with temp control and a fermentation chamber with temp control plus all things you pick up along the way (IC chiller, learning how to wash yeast ect..). Then this last year I started growing hops and as it is with brewing I went all in (actually bought lady bugs for the hop garden today).
So to all the new brewers as of today.. welcome and good luck. I have learned 90% of what I know from this forum.

Liquid Medication Brewery

Primary: Pale Ale

Secondary: None

Bottled: None

Keg: Chipotle Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
punkerdru
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

+1!

This has got to be the most fun hobby I've ever had, even without the drinking at the end. And now that I got the HBT app, I'm reading about brewing for at least an hour a day. Happy father's day!

Old 06-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4470 Times on 3253 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers!

I never thought about it, but I can see how a brewing starter kit is a great kit for Father's Day. We always tended to buy my dad "guy" grilling stuff but he probably would have preferred a brewing kit. He did make beer once when I was a kid, in a big open crock with a bunch of scum on top. I don't think it was drinkable, though.

Quick Reply