Fat Tire in cans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
How is Fat Tire canned?

I'm taking my portable kegerator to the lake, with 3 gallons of Czech Pilsner and 3 gallons of Amber Ale, but odds are we will blow through the Amber tonight.

I might pick up a couple of six packs of canned Fat Tire for consumption on the pontoon boat Saturday, if it is fit to drink.

Is there a decent canned Hefe available?

:rockin:

Not to be that guy, but it tastes like Fat Tire.

In all seriousness it is fit for consumption.

canned or not, i can't stand that stuff... seeing lots of beers canned these days... just saw anderson valley boont amber in a can.

Fat Tire is fine in cans; Oskar Blues also makes a number of quality brews and they are all canned too; both breweries do can with the environment and a desire for quality beer in outdoor settings in mind.

Is it just me or has Fat Tire lost a lot of its flavor over the last 5-6 years? Sort of like New Belgium adjusted it for broader mass appeal.

Sly Fox makes some great canned beer, I quite like the Phoenix Pale Ale and the RT 113.

I think it has always tasted like that. I went to school up by there, and never understood the mass appeal of Fat Tire. It's ok, but not what some people hype it to be. To me, it has lost more and more appeal as I have tasted better offerings throughout the years. It has always seemed like a gateway beer to me. Most people say it is one of their first micros, and some claim it to be superb. I for one never got it.

I think it has always tasted like that. I went to school up by there, and never understood the mass appeal of Fat Tire. It's ok, but not what some people hype it to be. To me, it has lost more and more appeal as I have tasted better offerings throughout the years. It has always seemed like a gateway beer to me. Most people say it is one of their first micros, and some claim it to be superb. I for one never got it.

I will probably be shopping at the "Beer Cave" at the Tobacco Hut in Selmer Tennessee. The choices may be a bit limited, and I don't really want to drink "Silver Bullets".

;)

Schemy said:

+1. While I did enjoy other NB brews while I went to college up there, I was never impressed by Fat Tire.

I just saw New Belgium Ranger in cans last week for the first time. I'm pretty sure they can Sunshine Wheat, too.

I saw some magic hat 9 in cans at the store the other day, it is good to see some good beers in cans now, I love canned beer

Fat Tire is fine in cans; Oskar Blues also makes a number of quality brews and they are all canned too; both breweries do can with the environment and a desire for quality beer in outdoor settings in mind.

Dan's Pale Ale is AH-MAZING from Oskar Blues. If would be great for the outdoors. Really drinkable for all beer drinkers and it has a decent ABV.

If you can get it, 21st Amendment makes some great canned beer. Their IPA and black IPA are excellent. And I agree, Oskar Blues' Dale's Pale Ale is one of the better micros out there, period.

Back