*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Exs and Court orders, and beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 01:33 AM   #21
2nd Street Brewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wanted to chime in on this thread. There is always hope. My wife and her ex went through a very rough divorce. He took the kids until she was able to straighten her self out, which she has. They actually have gotten along well enough that he has stayed at our house (instead of a hotel) for both of thier kids HS graduations. We all went together to the kids graduation from boot camp at Paris Island and to tell the truth I consider him a good friend. Stuff happens when people break up. hopefully they eventually figure out that it isn't about them but about the kids. I hope that you guys can work out your differences for the your son because he does deserve both of you as parents. Good luck.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2007, 02:34 AM   #22
Jim Karr

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Wow....do I feel blessed. My SWMBO of almost 24 years and I are getting closer all the time.....I'm very much the anomaly of dads, since we decided to school our kids at home, and DAD is the teacher. Yep, my mornings are spent with my kids, and I go to work in the afternoon.

Most dads never get to experience the blessings of spending that much time with their kids.

As for me and my household, we shall serve the Lord. Joshua

"God is great, beer is good, people are crazy." Some country artist

Old 02-01-2007, 03:57 AM   #23
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

What I dont understand here is how you all have the exact same "ex" as my wife . . .

They had a wierd arangment she got railroaded into cuz her lawyer sucked but it was school down here then summers and holidays up there k-4, 5-9 it was school up there summers and holidays down here (did Imention my wife works?). we tried to get it changed so the kid didnt have to swtich schools and he fought it like hell. Here is the kicker . . .Her "ex" is a kindergarten teacher (dont even get me started on male kindergarten teachers) and would rather have the kid around when he is working all the time instead of when he has off and can actually spend some time with him?

He pulls the other BS too, made us drive through a snow storm to drop off the kid. We asked him to drop the kid off a day early or late to avoid it but he said no, do what normally takes 4 hours round trip took 10 (then he had the balls to get in my face . . .I'm 6ft, 245lbs, and have a sterotypical Irish temper . . . and we were alone. I didnt hit him but I think he could have posted a nice story in the shart your pants thread) 90% of the time he doesnt even drop the kid off or pick him up, he has the current wife (#3) do it for him #2 did it before that. He wont talk the the wife about anything so any communication has to go through what is now a 14 y/o boy (He's been doing that since the kid was in 5th grade). He even told the kid one time that even though the court order said it was time to come down that he didnt have to if he didnt want to. This was right about the time my 5 year old was born and had the 14 y/o (then 9y/o) convinced we had his brother because we didnt want him anymore and were doing nothing but partying when he wasnt around. To make matters worse her "ex" didnt even inform us they werent comming down to the meeting point (that 4 hour drive round trip) until we were at the meeting point . . . we had to get their local Sheriff involed and sat around for an additional 4hours to pick up the kid. Nothing like hanging out at a Burger King with an infant for 4 extra hours.

The good news is after a while the kids figure it out what is up and how is trying to slip it in who's arse. Last summer my wifes "Ex" schedualed their trip to Florida the week after the kid came down to our place and took his 2 step sisters, then proceded to call and send postcards every day. Near the end of thier 2 week trip I took him fishing and while we were out on the lake he was pretty quiet and all of a sudden looked at me and said "He knew I would be gone for those 2 weeks for the last 3 years . . ." and he left it at that.

4 more years and I wont ever have to see that SOB again until the kid gets married . . . and I already warned my wife that if he is coming to a Irish firemans kids wedding he probably doesnt stand a very good chance at having a good time

Old 02-01-2007, 04:05 AM   #24
dibby33

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa
. . . and I already warned my wife that if he is coming to a Irish firemans kids wedding he probably doesnt stand a very good chance at having a good time

Invite a mad scotsman also.

Primary
s : Ginger Beer, Wheat Beer
Secondary :
Empty
Bottled
: all drunk
Drinking : A Lot.
Next Up : Wheat Beer with grainy things

Old 02-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #25
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibby33
LOL I always claim Irish but it's actually a Irish/Scot mix (about 75/25). . . the SOB is in for a world of hurt . . . did I mention my sister in law is directly related to the local mob?

Old 02-01-2007, 04:14 AM   #26
Ize

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibby33
HA! I think a lot of us would dig to hang out with you and tip a couple if you ever got over here dibby, or we there.

Man Pumbaa it's amazing how smart kids are these days. Were we this smart? I dunno, maybe but I doubt it. And we get tainted with age as well. But when it comes to that kind of bullsh!t, kids don't miss a damn thing. It sounds like he's hip to the whole thing and hopefully he knows who really gives a damn.

Keep on man.

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #27
dcbrewmeister
Recipes 

Keep the high road. A guy that I'm working with just went through a similar thing, and I've heard more about it then I really want. Ex was a bitch and just wanted to do nothing but cause trouble and make his life a living hell. I have a certain amount of respect for him (even though I don't know both sides of the story) but she KEPT him in court. He KEPT emails and tapes of phone calls and messages that she left. He now has full custody of his two sons and she is in anger management classess and probation for file fradulant charges and wasting the courts time dragging him into court. She has no visitation with the kids at all. That may not be your goal, but if she keeps it up, the court system will get the idea and it will happen anyway.

Don't stoop too her level, your kids will see who is crazy and who isn't. I hate too say it, even if it takes years, they will know. I grew up from 4yo with divorced parents, long before the time when courts got involved and child services was not heard of, both parents claimed the other was bad... My mother was right, even though she was wrong for saying it to my sister and me.

Quick Reply