Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Exs and Court orders, and beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 07:36 PM   #11
ill.literate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

~At the risk of a lightning strike~
Faith, Love and Beer, the greatest of these is Beer.

I'm being cautiously trustful. And hoping that it continues.

What's helped me, actually, is she has become involved with a divorced dad, who shared with her how it killed him when his ex wasn't letting him see their daughter. One day, out of the blue, she emailed me and said, essentially, that she was done playing games. I felt like another personality invaded her body, but she's been pretty consistent on it so far.

My oldest is six... and I cherish every moment I have with him. I also have 20-month-old twins, who thankfully won't know the trauma of divorce. This will be, "just the way things are."

Hooray for good dads like us

Up next:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2007, 07:39 PM   #12
Brewpilot
Recipes 

I inherited a daughter with my wife whome I am married to now... I am teaching her and her brother to brew beer. God Bless dads like us!

Brewpilot

Old 01-31-2007, 07:51 PM   #13
Shimms
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I need to chime in here...

I echo the others who say there are moms who would LOVE a dad that wanted time with his kid(s).

My son is 15 and hasn't heard from his donor (no flaming, you'll understand in a moment) since his 8th birthday.

We were divorced when my son was 1.5 years old. I lived in California and asked him to allow us to leave since this was a good opportunity for me and San Diego would beggar me in no time. He said "no" until I stated that I'd reserve the child-support judgment (he wouldn't have to pay). But he agreed to pay half of childcare, medical, dental etc expenses and any schooling. To date, I have received $300 from him. Total. Since 1993. And Cameron has gotten perhaps 20 phone calls and one visit and NEVER a request that he get to go see the donor.

So gentlemen, I despise women who treat fathers the way most of you have been treated.

But, I got the most wonderful part of my deal... I got my son and it only cost me $189 per month (what the child support was to be set to).

Good luck and all my prayers to those of you who are fighting for your kids.

For the brew listing, see ill.literate's sig. :)

Old 01-31-2007, 07:56 PM   #14
Buford

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Reading all of this kind of makes me glad I'm never intending on having kids (and my fiancee is right with me on that one). Yeesh.

FERMENTING: ---
KEGGED/IN STORAGE: ---
KEGGED/ON TAP: ---

DIY STUFF: Sanyo 4912 kegerator conversion

Old 01-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #15
Ize
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hang tough Brewpilot. You're doing the right thing and the kids are what it's all about.

I got lucky enuf with my ex, that when we split up we remained friends. We were just going in different directions. When all was said and done, I had my eldest (who was a little over 2 at the time, he's 10 now) every other day and every other weekend. When he got into school it was every other week. One week he's at mom's house, the next with me. It's all he's ever known and it continues to this day. There have been times that I think about what else I could be doing for a living, or where else I could be living, but then I wouldn't be with him and that is totally unacceptable to me. I know my situation is certainly the exception. I know many people who have been in the situation you're in. But keep the faith and keep in mind you're doing the right thing. In the end, it's not about you or her, it's about your son!

And on a side note, this board is very good for the mind. Our little asylum here has helped keep me sane recently as well.

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Old 01-31-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
Reverend JC
2500 gallons year to date

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have not gone through it but my brother in law has. Let me tell you, i think i have seen the likes of your ex in his.

She is holding back his boy form kindergarten so he has to continue to pay 700 bucks a month (for one child) and he can only see him one weekend night and wednesday from 5 till 8.

He was fine with all of this as he does not like to cause conflict:

then she took him back to court, wanted 1200 bucks a month, no contact between boy and my BIL parents, and my BIL could only see his boy in a superivised visit capacity.

The judge told her it was not a paycheck, changed his visitation to wed thru sunday every other week and weekends on the odd weeks and dropped his child support to 650. this whole time he was paying her health Ins. The judge ordered that to stop.

I do not envy anyone that has to go through this crap, but your story and his prove that the slimy b!tches get what they deserve in the end!

Rock on Brother

"Just because i don't care dosen't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

http://www.modernmonks.com

Old 01-31-2007, 08:19 PM   #17
ill.literate
Recipes 

I think that's another thing that changed my ex's tune.

She realizes that judges are more about equity now, especially when it comes to dads who are good dads and want to help raise their kids.

Up next:

Old 01-31-2007, 11:43 PM   #18
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Brewpilot,

Just saw this thread and gotta say that I hope everything works out for you. I had a friend in the Air Force who went through something similar only he rarely sees his daughter at all (his ex even lied about physical abuse to get her way). The only thing I can figure as to why they do it, is they know that seeing your kids is something you want and they don't want you to be happy.

Again, I hope everything works out. Keep the faith.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:45 PM   #19
Brewpastor
Beer, not rocket science

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts

I had a clean cut. She got the house, I got the cash and the brewery. No kids, she got my dog.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:52 PM   #20
Brewpilot
Recipes 

NOT THE DOG!! Or did it have bladder problems? he he Good for you Pastor

Quick Reply