Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Exs and Court orders, and beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
Brewpilot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Exs and Court orders, and beer

Over the past 18 months, I have been in court more than I have been at my LHBS. My ex has made it her goal in life to cause conflict and impede my relationship with my son at all costs. Brewing, this website and pouring myself into a hobby have helped me to compartmentalize it all and get through some pretty upsetting times.
In the end, the courts have come though and been very gracious. Taking control and manipulation away from a controller and manipulator of the kind that I assure you, you have never seen! CHEERS to all of you who have dealt with family trauma and fought the good fight. Drinking doenst solve problems, but brewing can certainly give you a good outlet!!!

Brewpilot

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Dude, I feel your pain.

I went through that mess 10 years ago and didn't get so lucky. I still get manipulated by my ex regarding my own kids. I'm bitter about it.

I wish I had buds like you guys when I was going through that.

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 01-31-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
shbrewer
Recipes 

I, thankfully have never been through that. With rough times behindus, my wife and I are celebrating 17 years of marriage next week. Keep our head up and remember to be thoughtful of what you say about your ex in front of the kids.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:40 PM   #4
Brewpilot
Recipes 

I am very mindful... I want my son to see the difference between what his mother tells him about me, and what he sees at my home. Before this court order, I saw my son 8x in 2006... can you beleive that???? Now that there is an order for dates, times and meeting place, SHE is out of her mind with anger because she cannot manipulate this time unless she wants to go to court and get fined or worse. So many fathers dont want thier kids, and the few that do, get walked on and have to actually FIGHT to see them. Rediculous, but, again, the beast has been shackled and is held at bay. This forum, this hobby, and my loving wife, have all been keys to my sanity.

Brew

Old 01-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

A friend was fighting his ex about their daughter about 10 years ago. She was preventing him from seeing the girl the 16 hours (two 8 hours 'days') per month the initial settlement gave him. At one point, they were back in court & the ex started calling everyone names, including her lawyer & the judge. Then she throws her purse at the judge and bites the bailiff.

He walked out a full-time Dad!

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 01-31-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
Brewpilot
Recipes 

When I dont give in, meaning, let my ex control my time with my son... I get threats. The one today was that she TOLD me that she will not be allowing me to see my son one weekend in March and one in April... idiot. Others have been threatening to reduce my parenting time (for no reason) and having my home inspected for suitability (he has already been coming here for 2 yrs). Just stupid things. I sent a letter to her atty and the court today letting them know about the threat to not allow me to see my son on those two weekends in the coming months, so if there is an issue during those weekends, tada, we all knew.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:20 PM   #7
Fiery Sword

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Sometimes, the simple things that take our minds off of our troubles are exactly what saves us. I'm glad you have support and that this hobby has helped you through tough times.....and it's good to be reminded that despite the cold anonymity of the internet one can occiasionally find true personal connection. I wish you the best.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
ill.literate
Recipes 

Hang in there man.

I'm going though it now, to a degree. My soon-to-be-ex has tried her damnedest to control how and when I see my kids too, and after months of demoralizing, horrible times and not seeing them unless it was on her terms, she's finally changing her tune, but there's a part of me that is still fearing she could change her mind at anytime and go crazy on me.

I don't get it either... most women would KILL to have their ex's involved in their kids' lives. I want to spend as much time as I can with my kids, and she treats me like I'm an absentee father.

Having good friends (unfortunately, she manipulated most of my friends from my previous life) a great new hobby and the support of an amazing woman, has helped a lot.

All the best brewpilot

Up next:

Old 01-31-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
Onescalerguy
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Went through all that **** 11 yrs ago.It cost me everything(cash,house,car)but i got the full custody.A steal at twice the price.
Cheers

Old 01-31-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
Brewpilot
Recipes 

It is not uncommon for good fathers to be treated like criminals by the women that are scorned. I tell you what illiterate... I have let my guard down a few times, when SHE seemed to be going along with what was right and just, and consistently she has proven me wrong for trusting her again. I hope that your situation is different, I really do. I have learned that ppl, in general, do not change. I will never again risk my relationship with my son by trusting his mother with that responsibility. It is sad, truely sad... but one cannot make deals with the devil and expect all to turn out rosey.
It IS nice to see that I am not alone in my struggles, past, present, or future. It is also good to have a group of people with such a passion for what we do. Not for fame, not for fortune, but for the passion alone. This board and this hobby have kept my mind from reeling in the midsts of severe emotional trauma.

Faith, Love, Beer.

Brewpilot

Quick Reply