Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Explain your handle / De construct your avatar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #21
Axegod
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

My avitar: well I'm kinda cheap. I will get one soon since I got so much from this site.
Handle: I used to play in a punk band (guitar) back around 89-93..it was called Drunk "n Anger.....I can't remember who gave me the name for a recording back then, but I use it once and a while for usernames.

Cheers.

On Order: nothing at all..for a few months
Thinking about: Plisner malt and saaz hops
Drinking:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #22
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

May last name is Abler, and there is a fairly popular local brewery named Adlerbrau (with a D not a B as in my name), so just confuse the locals I call my homebrew AblerBrau. When I first joined the computer age and got an email address, I was only allowed 8 letters in my address, so I removed the E and have been ablrbrau ever since.

Oh and as for my avatar, I used to have Marvin the Martian, but too many others had that so I switched to something else I thought would be kinda cool. I'm thinkin' it may be time for something new, tho.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 09-05-2006 at 10:56 PM.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #23
Evets
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Evets is Steve spelled backwards. Tho I guess, technically it would be evetS. Hmmm
Anyway, my friends call me Ev, but the forum boss won't let me use only two letters.
The av? I like trains. Especially big honkin' steam locomotives!

Old 09-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #24
Beer Snob

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Well lets see....

Well...... at first I was Michael_Schaap. Then we had this name change "crisis" here. First Dude changed his name for good reasons I'm not going to bring up here. Then about 6 to 8 of us started changing out names. It was kinda funny actually. Your talking to someone right and you'll like... OH... YOUR... so-in-so.... Was not bad if the aviator stayed the same. If that changed too, then it was real bad. Ok..... so some of us started making names that seemed more loftlier then the past name you know. So I started thinking how I could outdo people and changed my name to 'GOD'. Well slowly a few of us changed our name back to the less then loftlier ones and someone started a thread on reasons why you should not have your real name as your user name, which got me thinking. I wanted to pick one that worked with me that I would not want to change later. Well it was my birthday and I went out to dinner at this rib place (some of you might remember how sick I was after that one....) and I wanted to get a beer. I asked the waitress if she had any good beer... she started running off a list... Bud... Bud Light.... Coors.... Labatts... ect... ect.... (I was just knodding my head at this point)..... so your answer is No right? Umm... I'll have an iced tea. I looked at my wife and said.... when did I become such a beer snob? She said, you have always been one. TADA!!!! The birth of "Beer_Snob"..... GOD has left the building.

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat

Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #25
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Snob
she started running off a list... Bud... Bud Light.... Coors.... Labatts... ect... ect....
Great story.

There oughta be some sort of universal shorthand for waitstaff to cut to the chase with the list.

Like what kind of NBMC's do you have?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 09-06-2006, 12:15 AM   #26
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Mine is really simple. I was just f.ing drunk the night I found this wonderful site. I'd always called my son "Monkeyboy" for some reason. There's suds in beer, etc.etc..... Whatever.
I'm one of those rare homebrewers too poor to get the full membership. I feel guilty, but I can make a batch of beer for what a gold membership would cost me ! I feel dirty and guilty just writing that. I have had some of the best drunken times in recent history here. At one point, I was here every night with the likes of Sudster and El Pistollero. HB 99 has been a constant fixture, and one you could always count on to have been there and tried the beer in question. Caplan and Orfy( where the heck is Orfy?) would often chime in from their side of the Pond. This, much like Disney World, is the greatest place on Earth!

More like a sock monkey, really...

Old 09-06-2006, 12:19 AM   #27
Alembic
Recipes 

I am a bass player and I have always been in awe of Alembic Basses - Jack Cassidy of the Jefferson Airplane played the very first prototype and Phil Lesh of the Dead was a big user of them as well. So during college I was able to save up enough money and bought one for myself (one of their bottom of the line ones but an Alembic nonetheless). That was years ago but I still have the bass and we have been through a lot together.

Anyway its a great instrument and I thought it would be a great user name.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:24 AM   #28
Ivan Lendl

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Im a huge tennis fan. I started out as Ivan Lendl, then after everyone promoted themselves I became Bjorn Borg, then after Agassi announced he was retiring after the US open I became him as a tribute. I remember his Canon commercials back in the day when his motto (or thiers i guess) was 'Image is everything' and I think its funny that a guy with a multicolored mullet has the cojones to say Image is everything!

Primary: empty
Secondary: empty
Bottled: Barbarian IPA
Up next: Configuration 9

Old 09-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #29
plumtired
Recipes 

A couple of years ago, my son wanted me to sign up for fantasy football. It was late, and I was tired. I had to come up with a screen name and I was to tired to think, hence the name. As far as the avatar goes, I haven't figured out how to get one. I really haven't put much effort into figuring it out, but hope to some day.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #30
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Agassi
Im a huge tennis fan.
Gee, I never would have guessed . S'all good, man, that's the way I am with baseball.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Quick Reply