Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Excited about my day!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
Mosesdanger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Excited about my day!!

Well I have only really gotten in to the hobby in the last 3 months but i'm going on 8th batch. I work the weekends so most of the week I am not really doing anything but reading, music and brewing.

Today was a little different, SWMBO's car got totaled the other week and we went to get her a new one today. We did all the due diligence on that and then I went by my LHBS and got some bottles and a minikeg to deal with my english dark cream BUT I also am moving my MilkSteak stout to a secondary with a couple cups of Tellamore Dew Whiskey and vanilla beans today. Wait a minute....

Two open primaries!

I have been planning a Ginger and Coriander Saison for a nice light summer brew. I have most of the things I believe I want for it but I have been a little skiddish reading through the forums trying to find a good mix.

Hmm The sweet stout was using my favorite yeast wyeast 1084 and I have this nice big yeast cake. Im thinking about this while looking on my beeralchemy app on my phone (which syncs to your computer version for looking at recipies). I just decide "Lets put something on the 1084!"

Im doing a extra foreign stout that I tweaked from "O'Daniel's Foreign Extra Stout" for an extract batch. That is cooling as I type and the MilkSteak has already been racked to primary. Now to bottle!

Initially I was going to try to do the saison tonight as well but the beers are already flowing so that will be tomorrow.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 03:30 AM   #2
o4_srt
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Milksteak stout??? Classic! Any plans for a raw jellybean ale? Or a fullonrapist Belgian wit?

Conditioning: Muddy Paw Nut Brown Ale, Jump The Fence Independence Cream Ale

Old 04-09-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
FromZwolle
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesdanger View Post
I work the weekends so most of the week I am not really doing anything but reading, music and brewing.

sounds just about perfect to me.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Mosesdanger
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by o4_srt View Post
Milksteak stout??? Classic! Any plans for a raw jellybean ale? Or a fullonrapist Belgian wit?
haha I like the Fullonrapist Belgian! Maybe could use it for planned belgian?

Ill try to post the label for it when I'm done bottling but on the side it says:

"The Irish MilkSteak is a vanilla cream stout produced with the finest hornerts honey, boiled over hard. Best served with jelly beans on the side, served raw."

Quick Reply