Excited

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrus

Reaction score
Im starting to get really excited here. Its been a week since I bottled my second batch of beer... So I thought i would crack one open tonight and see how the flavour is goin. I know I should wait 3 weeks for it to fully develop its flavour... but i just cant resist... I gotta try one now.

So theres a bottle in the fridge now cooling down... cant wait till its cold enough to drink... :ban::ban::ban:

:mug:

Anywho... ill be back later to tell ya'll what its like...

Well... it was a hell of a lot better than my first brew... this one was actually drinkable.

A little under carbonated... with pretty much no head.

Kinda strong malty taste to it.

But yeah... should be a good drop after a few more weeks in the bottle.

Havent been game to go back to my first brew for a second try just yet.... think ill give that another week...

Catfish said:
Sadly, they are usually not as good as you'd hope. The best one is so often the last one.

The very first taste of the very first bottle from my very first batch was one of those magical, transcendent, life-altering moments. Aside from the "I made this" novelty, it was actually really great beer, even though it was my first batch, and only 5 days since bottling. Since then, the first taste is always hit or miss, but it's usually to test the carbonation. But that first bottle...I was so giddy. :D

Chrus said:
Well... it was a hell of a lot better than my first brew... this one was actually drinkable.

A little under carbonated... with pretty much no head.

Kinda strong malty taste to it.

But yeah... should be a good drop after a few more weeks in the bottle.

Havent been game to go back to my first brew for a second try just yet.... think ill give that another week...

Try one every week or so.. you know.. quality control and all that.. understanding the entire process, every step of the way.:D

Back