Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Exchanging beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
UTbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Exchanging beer

Hey so I have a good friend that lives in New York and we were looking to trade some brews back and forth. Anyone have any good suggestions on how to ship beer safely?

"And if you're drinkin well you know that you're my friend and I'll say, I think I'll have myself a beer." - Reel Big Fish

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

If you do a search for "shipping beer" there are not only threads discussing this but also stickied tutorials as well. Below is a nice tutorial.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/tuto...ng-beer-93042/

Old 08-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
UTbrewer
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Thanks for you help!

"And if you're drinkin well you know that you're my friend and I'll say, I think I'll have myself a beer." - Reel Big Fish

Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
DuckAssassin
Recipes 

The method in that thread works great. I am guessing the thread mentions this, but if not, send it UPS or FedEx, NOT USPS. It is against the rules with UPS and FedEx, but it is a federal crime to ship alcohol with the postal service (inter-state). Sorry if that is obvious, but it would be a shame for someone to get in a heap of trouble for that.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

He does mention it in the sticky but at the end. I didn't know it was illegal to ship it through USPS just thought it was more frowned upon than with UPS or Fedex. Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply