New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Everyone is out of Oxygenation Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
suenodos
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Everyone is out of Oxygenation Kits

So I can't seem to find a oxygenation set up for a decent price anywhere on the internet. Morebeer, Northern Brewer and Amazon are all out.

Does anyone know where I can get one for a good price? Is there a way to make my own set up for a decent price?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
WrongCoastBrewery
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I suppose you could make one out of a brazing torch type setup. Just use the same tubing you would for the gas line over the end of the tip of the torch. Seal it with a hose clamp and put a stone on the end. Voila! Funny thing is thats all an oxygenation setup is really. Its the same valve for the bottle with the same tubing and stone. Difference is that no brass nozzle.

Here is what I was thinking about for the torch:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=brazing+torch&hl=en&prmd=ivs&resnum=3&um =1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16698476549577966686&ei=sL8ATerRBoH7lwehwYXw CA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum =2&ved=0CF0Q8wIwAQ#

All in all, I think it would cost right around $30 with stone minus the O2 tank of course. Still cheaper than NB and Midwest.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2661 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3452

We talked about it yeasterday

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/where-all-oxygen-regulators-210463/?highlight=regulators

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
suenodos
Recipes 

This past weekend, all I did was search the forums to see if anyone knew anything. I only posted because I'm doing a barley wine and the date is approaching as fast as ever.

Sorry

Old 12-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2661 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3452

Funny I posted the same thing in yesterday's thread, but evidently (but I haven't confirmed it) Propane/Mapp regulators are threaded the opposite way of oxygen. Someone would have to try it out. But I thought that regulator would be perfect.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
ChuckO

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Gas Regulators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Funny I posted the same thing in yesterday's thread, but evidently (but I haven't confirmed it) Propane/Mapp regulators are threaded the opposite way of oxygen. Someone would have to try it out. But I thought that regulator would be perfect.
You're right, the threads are backwards so that you can't run oxygen through a gas hose to a torch.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
WrongCoastBrewery
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I could confirm this tonight as I was in the process of doing a couple of DIY projects; mainly a stir plate, fermenting chamber recirc fan assembly, and the oxygenator. However, I may be getting one for christmas. We'll see.

Quick Reply