Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > everyone has a "don't brew when your drunk" story.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Joos
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

Default everyone has a "don't brew when your drunk" story.

I don't usually have any problems,but last night I brewed up a chimay grand reserve clone.Everything went just fine.I had a lot of friends over that I haven't seen in a while.One of which is a huge pot head and doesn't drink a lot of beer.I got him to drink a golden monkey and told him I'd smoke with him.(I Do not smoke pot and remembered why last night)I already drank a sixer of golden monkey,a chimay blue,and a bomber of stone barley wine.I was fine until 3 hits of some really potent marijuana.I then got really light headed and decided to lie down for a little while.So long story short I woke up this morning to find my fermenter (a bucket) with no lid no yeast next to an open window.I really hope it comes out ok.So the moral of the story is stick to the legal stuff kiddies!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 554 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 76

LMAO! At least when you stick with beer you can get accidentally hammered and wake up to find it all done properly by the magical beer fairies (Who must surely have been responsible)

Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Joos
Recipes 

Beer fairies help me out all the time.They sprinkle the magic stay awake till you pitch the yeast dust,and everything works out great.It's those damn THC gnomes that say NO! You must pass out and F up your beer!

Old 05-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 554 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joos View Post
Beer fairies help me out all the time.They sprinkle the magic stay awake till you pitch the yeast dust,and everything works out great.It's those damn THC gnomes that say NO! You must pass out and F up your beer!
Now there is a coincidence! THC are my real life initials, and I am, indeed a gnome. Sorry for messing up your brew day, but i don't remember doing it either.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
JumboBlimpJumbo
Recipes 

I siphoned about half of a batch into a gallon of sanitizing solution before I realized it one time..... wasn't drunk, just distracted.

I can't even imagine brewing after smoking. I pretty much forget how to talk, let alone something as complicated as boiling water and putting stuff in it.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
Gildog
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
its not the thc gnomes that are the problem, its when the thc gnomes start hanging around the beer fairies, then of course someones mother gets insulted and we see the results.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Ernest Hemmingway.

"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Joos
Recipes 

Thank the beer gods I didn't do it before I brewed.I have a very good chance of some wild yeasts getting in there though.Sour chimay just wouldn't taste good.Or maybe it will and I'll have to work it into the recipe.
Mash
boil
hop
candy sugar
hop
extract
1 more hop addition(miller lite style)
Get completely FUBAR and pass out.
wake up to a sour belgian

haha of all posts to make it into someones signature.Thanks gildog.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
Gildog
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hey i like ur recipe joos especially the last part

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Ernest Hemmingway.

"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #9
Joos
Recipes 

Thank you.If it comes out good Ill keep it in my recipes under stoned monk lambic.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
So long story short I woke up this morning to find my fermenter (a bucket) with no lid no yeast next to an open window.I really hope it comes out ok.So the moral of the story is stick to the legal stuff kiddies!
Why don't you just dump it back into the pot and bring it to a boil again? You'll destroy your aroma hops and get more bittering but you can adjust for that. At least you'll know that the nasties are gone.

Quick Reply