entering a comp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icebob

Reaction score
Quick question, found there's a competition going on in my hometown, already register my entry, question is, do you wait til almost end of entry to send your brew in? will be bottling from a keg with beer gun if it matter... Thx in advance.

when is the comp? I would think the keg would keep it fresher than the bottle. depends on if the drop off location refrigerates the entries also

my worry is from cold to warm to cold...

This is why I like local competitions where I can drop my bottles off, and even though I feel good enough about my process to ship my beer, there's some peace of mind about knowing that your beer was handled properly up to the drop off site. I work for UPS so I know what those bottles would go through. Sometimes the back of my UPS truck is over 100F.

But remember, if you have good sanitization and if you minimized oxygen pickup, then you don't have much to worry about when shipping them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you think the length of time in the bottle will cause an issue, you need to improve your bottling practices :p

Hey now! :drunk: I guess I was just thinking that in case something were to happen as a result of the bottling process the most last minute is usually the best.

However, that comp is pretty soon so I would get those bottles out to it asap especially if you are mailing them.

Back