Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > "Dryhopping" a Belgian Wit with Orange Peel Zest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
thelorax121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I currently have a gal of an epemere take I did sitting in the secondary with zest from one lemon. Probably gonna bottle it today even though it was only on the zest for three or four days, but since I used so much, the flavor is already pretty lemony. I agree with those above that it is a good technique, but be sure to taste regularly (tough work I know...)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 01:57 AM   #12
Stevorino
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've got two kegs of this stuff-- So I'm going to do it tomorrow. I'm hesitant to put orange vodka in there cause I don't really care for the taste of orange vodka.

My plan as of now is to boil a very small amount of water, drop in the zest and quickly drop it in the fermenter. I don't want any soaking -- I just want a quick sanitation of the orange peel and maybe a little aroma extraction.

Right now the Wit I have has a very lemony-citrus overtone. I like it, but a little bit of orange aroma would go a very long way.

-Stevorino-_________________________________________
In Keezer:
1. BCS - Wet Hopped West Coast Blaster
2. CYBI - Gordon's IPA Clone
3. BCS - Scottish -80
4. BCS - Specialty Saison (Gold Medal at BMO)
In Process:
1. BCS - Janet's Brown Ale (Fermenting)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply