The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Dry hopping with pellets can get messy when you forget to tie the bag

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
mrgstiffler
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Dry hopping with pellets can get messy when you forget to tie the bag

Tossed the bag with Galaxy pellets in when I kegged and apparently I forgot to tie the end of the bag. Seems like the pellet gunk sank to the bottom of the keg where the dip tube is. The IPA was crystal clear when I kegged too Wonder how many pints I'm going to need to drink until it's clear again. Funny thing is, it's freaking GOOD. Tastes like Galaxy hop juice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Liked 222 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 25

looks like orange juice

Old 08-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4202 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 782

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTipsy View Post
looks like orange juice
I thought that, but then I thought- "no, it looks like yeast juice!" It looks like a combo of some hops but mostly yeast (the light color). That should get better! Don't move the keg, and the sludge will settle and you'll have clear beer fairly soon, although probably with a little green tinge. Even the hops pellets will settle, although those buggers can clog your diptube and poppit sometimes.

Quick Reply