Monday, Dec. 17 - I packaged the beer as planned.
5 gallons that were not dry hopped - went into a keg. a hop sack with the 2oz of dry hops and a 1/2 SS hose barb adapter (for weight) were suspended by dental floss in the keg. the keg was put on tap. 37F
The other 5 gallons, that did get dry hopped at the end of primary went into 8 - .5gallon (2 liter) growlers. The growlers were primed with 2.1oz of corn sugar and 1.7oz of cane sugar (I ran out of corn sugar).
Sunday, Dec. 22 - I discovered one growler had exploded. I always tempt fate and mix the sugar directly into the beer when botteling. Maybe at the cooler temperatures, it did not dissolve completely. I have use these growlers with the swing top lids and have had great success. So, I don't blame the bottle. I usually prime at a rate of 1oz corn sugar per gallon with no problem. Maybe the cane sugar was the issue.
Anyway not to derail my own tread but let me know what you think.
I put the three remaining growlers from that box in the fridge. Tasting notes to follow in the next day or two.
The other box has 3 growlers still at room temp (in the closet). I'll see if there are any more explosions. (I don't expect there will be after a week.)