Dry Hop in Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTOLERANCE

Reaction score
Tried a search, but came up empty.....

Can I dry hop in my keg? I use the keg for force carbonation, and my last batch seems a bit light on the hops. I have some leaf hops left over from the brew. Thinking about tossing them into the keg while its still carbonating.

Followed the hop schedule to the letter....I dunno why it seems light on hops.

dry hopping in the keg is pretty common.

you might want to use a hop bag though. some people have reported getting their dip-tubes stuck up with hop junk.

Can I dry hop in my keg? I use the keg for force carbonation, and my last batch seems a bit light on the hops. I have some leaf hops left over from the brew. Thinking about tossing them into the keg while its still carbonating.

Followed the hop schedule to the letter....I dunno why it seems light on hops.

I didnt think it would be a problem....but cant hurt to ask. I planned on a hop bag as well.

Maybe its just me, but I feel an Irish red should be hoppy.....:p

Can I dry hop in my keg?
Sure you can, I've done it more then once. You can use whole leaf hops in a hop bag directly in the keg.
Or you could use pellet hops in a french press to make a "hop tea" and then poor it into the keg. This way you won't clog the keg with the pellets.
:D

Back