Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Driving the wife crazy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
scorpien222
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Driving the wife crazy

Hi everyone I have been brewing now for just over a year I started with wine and about 7 months ago I moved on to brewing beer from kits I am currently about to move from kits to extract brewing with the intention to very shortly after that move to all grain.

The thing Is I have become a little obsessed with brewing and I am driving the wife crazy I was just wondering if I am the only one ?

:-)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Youre normal. I have been at it for just about 2 years and I was a little possesed in the beggining too. Once you gather the equipment the spending does slow a bit, so just tell her to be patient you are almost done. Make her a batch that she will appreciate and youre good to go.

Wheelchair Bob

What do you mean "no Kidneys"???, WTF now I gotta drink less beer...
Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
scorpien222
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeckett
Youre normal. I have been at it for just about 2 years and I was a little possesed in the beggining too. Once you gather the equipment the spending does slow a bit, so just tell her to be patient you are almost done. Make her a batch that she will appreciate and youre good to go.

Wheelchair Bob
Thanks Bob :-) she is quite happy to drink it when it's done it's just me talking about it quite alot lol

Old 03-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
Entrepreneur640
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You are not alone. I'm only 2 months in and totally obsessed, always planning my next beer. My wife doesn't like when I change the subject from whatever she was talking about to beer. Oops. I commonly have good ideas when we are together and just blurt them out. I'm pretty sure that she is getting tired of all the beer talk. I guess I can try to scale it back ; )

Good luck to you as well.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepreneur640
You are not alone. I'm only 2 months in and totally obsessed, always planning my next beer. My wife doesn't like when I change the subject from whatever she was talking about to beer. Oops. I commonly have good ideas when we are together and just blurt them out. I'm pretty sure that she is getting tired of all the beer talk. I guess I can try to scale it back ; )

Lol. I do the same. Like u said above "gotta scale it back" I seem to do that a lot bc I'm always scaling forward lol. Just keep her happy and try not to talk about it. Very hard I know lol. It gets better. Mine is finally coming around to it.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
scorpien222
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepreneur640

I am exactly the same we were at the supermarket the other day and I saw bananas and just started going on about trying to brew a banana ale lol I just couldn't help myself that and many other occasions lol good luck to you as we'll :-)

Old 03-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
GrogNerd
Mean Old Man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 857 Times on 596 Posts
Likes Given: 111

if I'm not brewing, I'm thinking about brewing. or reading about brewing. or thinking about reading about brewing. or posting about brewing. or talking about brewing. or bothering people by talking about brewing.

but that's not obsessive, is it?

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout - bottle conditioning: DB8PT Session Ale, Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bulk conditioning: barleywine

People Like This 
Old 03-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
scorpien222
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd
if I'm not brewing, I'm thinking about brewing. or reading about brewing. or thinking about reading about brewing. or posting about brewing. or talking about brewing. or bothering people by talking about brewing.

but that's not obsessive, is it?
I wouldn't say so so that means I'm not obsessive either I do believe the word divorce has been used once or twice though lol :-)

Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
scorpien222
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

At least then I can get on with some brewing :-) an more for meeeee

Old 03-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #10
cluckk
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 346 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 47

My wife just shakes her head a lot. She loves my beer. She also finds some of it interesting--like when we go to a brew pub and ask for a flight of samples and I tell her what to expect in each one and how they actually compare to the style. But other than that I don't really talk to her about beer because I know she doesn't find the details interesting.

I regularly brew a batch that I know she will like, so there is something in the fridge especially for her. She has started telling people at her work about my beer brewing and even taking them samples.

"So you say you just brewed your first batch of beer. Welcome to the obsession." --me, to every first time brewer I ever meet.

Dynachrome Likes This 

Quick Reply