Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Drinking the last bottle of my first brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
jaycount
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Drinking the last bottle of my first brew

My cream ale, that I brewed in late December. I saved a bottle to age and try. This beer fermented very warm (75~ degrees ambient) in the first 24 hours and of course had some rather interesting esters and phenols as a result.

I considered it a total loss at the time. But I'm not one to waste, so I drank it all up.

Now here I am, about 4 months after finishing off the last (non-aged) bottle, drinking it. The off-flavors may have barely dissipated but I've come to appreciate some of the flavors here. Bubblegum, green apple, dry alcohol. It's almost like a rebel cream ale that met and impregnated a naughty saison.

Although it's the least favorite of my beers, it was my first, and the first one for me to drink away an entire 5 gallons of.

So, in memory, let's hear about your first beers. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
birvine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Wish it well!

B

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply