Drinking Horns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooklyn-Brewtality

Four Beasts Brewery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a good drinking horn online?

I have found a ton of sites, but I don't know who to trust.
I want to find a nice big horn... scratch that, i want a HUGE drinking horn!

Nothing fancy, but a bronze final and/or ring would be nice but is not necessary.

The only place I have found with stuff I really like is based in Europe and charges through the teeth though ($300+). I don't feel like spending more than $150.

I found mine in a pawn shop. The tag attached to the chain was in Cyrillic. It isn't huge but it holds a very generous portion of mead. I lined the interior with beeswax.

IMG_01922.JPG

Keep an eye out for local Scottish games or Renaissance fairs. They are widely available and definately under 300 bucks for a nice one.

I purchased a small horn (6 oz.) this weekend at the Shrewsbury Faire for mead. Huge horns are rare & so they cost. Add metal work & that just jacks the price more.

Your best bet is probably to go to Northern California Renaissance Faire That faire runs until 12 Oct. and Wassail Horns should be there.

Or you could sneak over to my neighbor's farm late one night. (This isn't a picture from his place, but he has about 30 of them)

steers3.jpg

Or you could sneak over to my neighbor's farm late one night. (This isn't a picture from his place, but he has about 30 of them)

david_42, I think I saw that herd of longhorns on my way up to Camp Cooper a few weeks ago. Pretty cool.

Be careful with too large a horn. A group of friends and I had one that held over a gallon. It started to get really cumbersome in the sumbel circle.

Latest posts

Back