Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Drank a Bud ughhhh

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
vanman250
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Drank a Bud ughhhh

I have been drinking my own beer over the past few weeks and decided to open one of the store bought buds I used to enjoy. It tasted like that smell at the funeral home. I didn't think my beer was that much better but it is and I'm new at this so ether I'm great at making beer or there very bad at making beer. I think I'll just wait for my next batch to be ready before drinking any more beer.

vanman250

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
Truble

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I am with you Vanman-I used to drink a lot of Mudlight when I was pulling a long session with my brother in his barn...After brewing my beer, and drinking a couple batches, I have trouble drinking it, as it has no flavor or character. I do still drink commerical beers like Bass, Killians, Guinnes, Murphy's and Sam Adams, as well as some of the quasi local brews like Wachusett, but now I am into my homebrews and any of the more handcrafted specialty brews that can be found at good packages stores...

Primary: Octoberfest
mini 1G Primary: nichts
Secondary #1: #97 Pale Ale
Secondary #2 nichts
Bottled/Conditioning: nichts

Fully ConditionedDrinking: nichts
All Gone!:
Everything

Old 02-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
McCall St. Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Welcome to the miracle of homebrewing. When I started doing it, the thing that I was most skeptical about was when I was told by a number of people that my very first batch would be the best beer I had ever tasted. I thought they were just messin' with me.

I was amazed when it turned out they were right. How can that be? I really don't know, but I'm sure going to enjoy the ride.

Commercial brews such as Bud have their place (just what that is in the case of Bud, I'm not exactly sure ), but I don't think you are alone in your experience of going back to it after drinking your own beer. You will likely become a lot more discerning in your choices when you do buy commercial beer in the future.

Happy Brewing!

Old 02-05-2006, 01:59 AM   #4
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 132 Posts

My first batch was swill! I got better at it. Living in the PNW makes for high standards.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 02-05-2006, 02:21 AM   #5
ahoym8e
Recipes 

the only thing bud is (was) good for was the bikini babes in the commercials back in the day...

I guess Coors light had the twins last year or whenever...

but not for drinking! I just tried a "bud select" that they're advertising as if it were special, but it's just water too...

Old 02-05-2006, 02:31 AM   #6
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Haven't brewed in a couple of months. Brewday is tomorrow. No particular recipe, just black and strong !
Bought a twelve pack of Miller the other night. I appreciate the fact that there's no real flavor to get in the way of my alcohol enjoyment, which, after a couple of shots of tequila, seems abundant . They really do have a fine product. It's consistently weak and tasteless. That takes precision control at all levels of the manufacturing process.
Guess I'm just jealous.

More like a sock monkey, really...

Old 02-05-2006, 05:56 AM   #7
McCall St. Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Confession time: I actually like Miller Lite. I can't explain why, but I do. Whatever they did when they invented that stuff, they hit on something.

Regarding Bud-- I don't want to start a big argument if there are any AB lovers out there,-- but I'll tell you, I've consumed many, many American canoe beers in my life (Old Style, Special Export,High Life, Pabst, Schlitz, Stroh's, you name it) and I can't for the life of me figure out how they sell so much Bud and even worse Bud Light. No taste, no color, high price... hmmm, yeah, let's go out and buy gallons of the stuff, right?

Old 02-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
XTrmXJ
Recipes 

I went to a party some time ago and one of my friend bought a keg of some BUD LIGHTon draft, I poured some took a drink and poured it out, I ended up drinking Diet Pepsi..

Also last night I was working on my Axle swap for my XJ and my neighbor came over and brought some COORS LIGHT... UGGGGGG

i dRivE a SHoRt bUs

Old 02-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #9
boo boo
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My beer of choice among the BMC beers is Miller Lite and then Canadian. I drink BMC beers from time to time and find nothing wrong with them if you don't expect too much in the way of flavor.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
ahoym8e
Recipes 

I like Coors just becase it is from Colorado (my favorite place). otherwise it has very few redeeming qualities.

Quick Reply