New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Draft-Beer Box from Miller.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Troubs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Draft-Beer Box from Miller.....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124882355717088341.html#mod=article-outset-box

http://gizmodo.com/5325628/beer+in+a+box-coming-to-non+discriminating-refrigerators-this-fall

... but it still tastes like shiznat

Frank Sinatra - “I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Last edited by Troubs; 07-29-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
lmg95
Recipes 

"MillerCoors's new Home Draft systems are meant to be placed upright in a refrigerator, which will keep the beer fresh for about 30 days. The price per ounce is roughly 15% higher than for an 18-pack of the same beer, MillerCoors said."

wtf... so it's more expensive than buying a few cases

Primary #1: Empty
Primary #2: Empty
Bottled: DFH 60-min IPA & "Chinook" Blonde Ale
Keg #1:Blue Balls Wit
Kegs #2,3,4: empty :(
Planned: Centennial Blonde

Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
GreenwoodRover
me-no-r-no Nice Guy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The question will be if it's reusable/re-fillable by us homebrewers. If so then I'd grab one for the next party since I still know some people that ask when offered a brew "does it taste like Miller Lite?"

<Insert list of brews planned, fermenting, or being consumed here>
agentEhrman Likes This 
Old 07-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
beerkrump
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg95 View Post
"MillerCoors's new Home Draft systems are meant to be placed upright in a refrigerator, which will keep the beer fresh for about 30 days. The price per ounce is roughly 15% higher than for an 18-pack of the same beer, MillerCoors said."

But, it's in a box.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Troubs
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg95 View Post

But it comes from a tap!

Frank Sinatra - “I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
MacBruver
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Interesting... I remember reading about this technology somewhere else. If it's the same type of setup I saw, the beer is actually uncarbonated, and the contraption on the front of it is actually a carbonator.

Could make for some interesting hardware to salvage, once somebody else has done the dirty work of draining the miller lite out of it...

Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
SavageSteve

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I feel dirty after reading so much disgusting marketing-speak in the WSJ article:

• a string of new products and package innovation from beer giants grappling for market share in a crowded, slow-growing industry
  • "In this economy, we are seeing an increase in packaging innovation"..."In many cases, it can be less costly [than creating a new product] and a very effective form of innovation."
  • The company continues to focus on innovation in packaging "in a way that reinforces the premium nature of" its brands
  • The company's research has shown that the most loyal consumers of its light beers "associate with sports in a dramatic way."

I know that any WSJ article is going to focus on business, but the only mention of actual beer, instead of packaging, was about creating a 55 calorie Budweiser. Gah!

-Steve
Planning: n/a

Old 07-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #8
adfirmus
Recipes 

But you see, you can actually pick out the complexities of the fine Miller Lite draft as long as it is drank out of the correct glassware instead of a twist off bottle. :sarcasm:

In the mail: AHS Sierra Nevada Wheat clone
Fermenting: None yet!
Bottled and conditioning: MW Belgian Wit, BM's Extract Centennial Blonde, Haus Pale Ale

Old 07-30-2009, 02:26 AM   #9
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenwoodRover View Post
The question will be if it's reusable/re-fillable by us homebrewers. If so then I'd grab one for the next party since I still know some people that ask when offered a brew "does it taste like Miller Lite?"
BINGO! This what i'm thinking but I will not buy them just go to parties and pick up the empties. May have to murder one until ot can be figured out houw to clean and refill your own homebrew. This will also need a repaint or decal of your own lable.

Not to steal the OP thread another small keg from the past below.
I just found my Hamm's Draft Beer aluminum Tapper container; contents 2 1/4 gallons with the tap lever in the front recessed area. The rear is recessed with a 3 1/2" opening a plastic plug held in by a snap ring. Property of Reynolds Metals Co. Leased to Theo. Hamm Brewing co. 12" tall, 7 1/2" diameter top and bottom with the center 9 1/32" diameter. Barrel shaped. It was to be a gas tank on my shifter gas scooter (no license plate required) but too nice as a complete unit to cut and tig fittings into.
Anyone know the era of these aluminum Hamm's kegs?

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Quick Reply