Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Don't drink too many home brews while home brewing.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #21
OlatheSurferDude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I forgot how to walk once after brewing and having a "couple" of beers. I was taking my glass carboy downstairs to let it do its thing, tripped over a toy and fell straight to my knees. Fortunately I had read all of the horror stories about glass carboys on this forum and for the first time i was carrying it in a milk crate and all that happened to the carboy as popping the air lock off. Needless to say my knees where a little sore.

2011 Brewed Total - 22.5 Gal
2012 Brewed Total - 12.5 Gal
2012 Goal - 60 Gal

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #22
604brewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Bottled a 5 gallon batch, found a pot of primimg sugar on the stove next morning, apparently it takes quite a few while waiting for it to cool and sanitize everything.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #23
JDFlow
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 17

My first brew day with my gf we decided to go to this big bottle shop we'd never been to to get provisions for the day. We both got 2 deuces of 7% + brew and some 6 packs, I only remember one of the deuces which was Yeti mmmmmm. Anyway we got pretty buzzed, she was "timing" and passed out. I was jumping around the kitchen trying to get everything sanitized and weighed out. When I realized she was down for the count I just added stuff as I saw fit. I chilled the wort, pitched the yeast, and shoved my only bung into the carboy (now I own several extras). I hopped on the phone with the LHBS where I bought the kit and he said, "NO! you don't want to ferment in the glass carboy! It can explode!" I'm guessing he could tell I was smashed and screwing with me considering he's a longtime homebrewer and one of his employees told me she regularly ferments in glass. I hopped in my car (bad idea) and drove down to catch them right before closing and saved the day with a new bung! Not that exciting or funny but it was a learning experience about moderation on brew day.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #24
Mongrel
Recipes 

Liked 152 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFlow View Post
I hopped on the phone with the LHBS where I bought the kit and he said, "NO! you don't want to ferment in the glass carboy! It can explode!"
Haha, I want to stop at your LHBS next time I'm driving up I-5.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #25
JDFlow
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
Haha, I want to stop at your LHBS next time I'm driving up I-5.
http://bobshomebrew.com/ Really chill dude and an awesome shop.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #26
reedy2k9
Recipes 

i forgot to do reading so now i dont know what percentage my beer is, think i will have to figure that one out of my own haha

Old 03-13-2014, 05:42 AM   #27
Garagebrewski
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts

I remember my first beer

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Quick Reply