Done with LHBS!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the houston boat.. we have very little to choose from for LHBS's.

The one I go to (near 610/59).. they aren't the best.. as someone else mentioned, their equipment prices are very high, but they buy some of these things one at time like the blichmans. their CO2 tank, 5 gal. is $100!

BUT, when i want to brew on the weekend, I can go in on friday, spend $15-$20 on grain, and have what I need to brew. I buy hops in bulk, and generally re-pitch yeast. The staff knows their stuff, and they usually have a beer or two on draft to sip on while shopping.

An online store can't compete with that. AHS is great for big buys, but if you want to spend $18 on grains, that gets hiked up to $25 after shipping, and it takes a day or two, which means planning ahead.

The way people get flamed by the old salts around here for not searching or covering topics that have been covered before, you can't blame someone for necroposting.

I call BS! There is a huge difference between a necro thread that has no real relevance vs. posting in a "What does SWMBO mean?" or a "BB vs. glass" thread.

So, I offer this to aid in the chaos:

zombieprocedureposter.jpg

I passed a guy near the zoo interchange this morning who had three zombie bumperstickers on his car and thought "what's that about" and now this.

I agree on the SWMBO thing (though admitedly there are more misleading than real posts if you do search) or even BB vs glass, but I've seen some harsh responses to very legitimate questions just because they were covered before. The search feature on this website tends to put too much weight on the newest posts versus giving you the best matches first.

Back