Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Done brewing for a bit...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
Ó Flannagáin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

Default Done brewing for a bit...

Guess I'm gonna have to take a break. 65 gals since the end of January.

Moving in August overseas, so can't take my beer with me. I have close to 15 gals bottled and 5 gals in a secondary, bottling this week sometime.

I really don't want to take a break, but my father's coming to visit for a few weeks and I won't be drinking much at all during that time, its getting hot as hell, bout to be too hot for even hefes and wits and gonna have to start packing up in a month or so. So, taking my first brewing hiatus.

Really sucks, I'm starting to get real good too. I have a lot of leftover ingredients, so I might be able to make another batch or two in June, but I've been doing 3 or 4 brews a month lately. Gotta find new hobby for a bit. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Ó Flannagáin; 04-30-2007 at 12:36 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
krispy d
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

drinking???

Old Burnside Ten Penny Ale
Primary
Westbrook Porter
Secondary

Empty
Up Next
A big IPA ??

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
ayrton

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefresh
Guess I'm gonna have to take a break. 65 gals since the end of January.

Moving in August overseas, so can't take my beer with me. I have close to 15 gals bottled and 5 gals in a secondary, bottling this week sometime.

I really don't want to take a break, but my father's coming to visit for a few weeks and I won't be drinking much at all during that time, its getting hot as hell, bout to be too hot for even hefes and wits and gonna have to start packing up in a month or so. So, taking my first brewing hiatus.

Really sucks, I'm starting to get real good too. I have a lot of leftover ingredients, so I might be able to make another batch or two in June, but I've been doing 3 or 4 brews a month lately. Gotta find another hobby for a bit. Any suggestions?
WTF? I'm in an absolutely identical position. I'm moving abroad in August and need to take it easy on the brewing. At least I can still buy beer.
Conditioning: None
Drinking: None (!)
Recently Kicked: None
Up Next: Beats me!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

My other hobbies are gardening, food, mushroom hunting.

Maybe take up cycling, and then you could burn off the extra calories from drinking up the beer?

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispy d
drinking???
I said a NEW hobby.

as far as cycling, not a bad idea. I have a nice offroad bike, maybe I should find some trails around here.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
Waldo

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I said a NEW hobby.

as far as cycling, not a bad idea. I have a nice offroad bike, maybe I should find some trails around here.
Good plan, did you know that a lot of hard core cyclist drink a couple of beers after a big ride to replace the carbs they burned, it really is a great after ride drink. Just don't drink it before riding, it really zaps your wind.

Life is to short and the liver can only handle so much, so why waste it on bad beer.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
Chrus
Recipes 

I kinda gave up playing computer games and started brewing... guess you could go the other way and take up gaming...

Old 04-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #8
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrus
I kinda gave up playing computer games and started brewing... guess you could go the other way and take up gaming...
Already do that as well, not computer though, ps3 and 360.

Current hobbies are guitar, gaming, brewing, cooking, sex and drinking... not bad, but gotta replace brewing somehow... still thinking biking's not a bad idea for the weekends.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #9
brewt00l
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Already do that as well, not computer though, ps3 and 360.

Current hobbies are guitar, gaming, brewing, cooking, sex and drinking... not bad, but gotta replace brewing somehow... still thinking biking's not a bad idea for the weekends.

I dunno man, just about everything on that list could just be given a +1 to replace your lost brewing time.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #10
lgtg
Recipes 

you can grow herbs or maybe perfect a small hop crop for your eventual return to brewing?

Maybe a label design process, with articulated efforts to make it last for the duration.

I've struck up a conversation with a brewmaster from the restaurant chain; Hops. He's invited me to the brewery to check it out and watch, perhaps you could look at home brewing from a different angle for awhile?

Maybe build a conical? Or design a sculpture for advanced brewing when you get back?

Brew soda? Build ships in beer bottles? Travel to beer related places....grow an addiction to sports?

Quick Reply