New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Dogfish Head Oak-Aged IIPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #11
jeffsix
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Did the 120 minute last night. Had it with a steak for dinner. Initially tasted alot like the 90 minute but somewhat stronger. It was good but I don't think it was worth $8.99 a bottle instead of 4 bottles of 90 minute for the same cost. About a half hour later, I was done for the night. It hit me really hard. I've heard the 120 minute described as a strong IPA with a shot of grain alcohol and that seems somewhat accurate. Great taste however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsix
Had the 60 - it's good.
Had the 90 - it's better but I can only drink a couple of them at a time (which is probably a good thing).

Found bottles of the 120 in the store last night at $8.99 per bottle (!). Bought two. Gonna have one bottle tonight with a steak for dinner (finace is out of town). Saving the other one for Thursday when we have dinner with her roomie and her boyfriend. He got me into homebrewing so I figured I owed him half of it to try.

We'll see how it goes. I am very much looking forward to trying the 120 since IPAs are easily my personal favorite (unless I'm in the mood for a Mexican, lighter, beer) and Dogfish Head really works for me (plus I go to Ocean City, MD atleast once per month and we head up to their brewery every once in a while).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #12
Torchiest

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Well, 21% ABV will put just about anyone down. I remember the first time I had it, I was really paranoid and drank it over the course of an hour, and I was still quite toasty. Welcome to the forum BTW!

#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

Old 03-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #13
5gBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, I haven't been able to enjoy a second one yet because I finally got sick. I've gone all season without a cold, flu, sinus or throat infection, and it's finally set in. I am still a true believer that homebrew does prevent winter illness, as I've posted my experiences in other threads on the issue with many supporting arguments. Whatever I've got, had to be a doosey to get a hold on me.

Anyway...

When I'm better, I'm going to pour another one of these beers for a second try. I'm certainly not going to drink'em in the state I'm in now; can't taste or smell sh!t... seems like a waste of beer.

5gB

Primary 1: The Astronomer: An Imperial Stout
Primary 2: NA
Secondary 1: Potion #6: An Irish Stout
Bottled/Conditioning:
- Vander Maass German Wheat
- Mad Tiger: Honey IPA
Bottled/Drinking:
- Vander Maass German Wheat
- Mad Tiger: Honey IPA
Up Next:
- undecided

Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #14
freyguy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Believe it or not, I had some Burton Baton from last year and the wood was too overwhelming in it. I was leary, but I had some of this years at the past beer dinner at the brewpub, and Wow!! It was a totally different beer. So I mentioned it, and they have changed the recipe a bit from last year. I'd say it's a good thing!!

Quick Reply