Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Does it harm chilled beer to be brought to room temp then re-chilled?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
gabetax
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Does it harm chilled beer to be brought to room temp then re-chilled?

I have a kegerator that I normally keep stocked with 2 kegs. In warmer times (~75F in the house) it does double duty as a fermentation chamber for primary, but due to space constraints I have to remove the kegs and let them sit inside at room temperature. I feel it's college legend that bringing a chilled keg back up to room temperature and chilling it back again later will harm the beer. I can't find any logic in that legend, as long as the beer isn't getting past "conditioning" temperatures.

Is there any truth to this? Myth busted?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2545 Times on 2212 Posts
Likes Given: 1825

No truth at all as long as it's sealed.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
breez7
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Your good. I had to do that with a few kegs when i needed to chill and carb some kegs for a wedding. When i re-chilled and it tasted just the same.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
gabetax
Recipes 

After a 6 day hiatus from the fridge, hell: they taste improved. Also, I over carbed them in a hurry with a janked up PSI and shaking, and warming them up got a decent amount of gas in the head space that I could vent out.

Quick Reply