The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Do you prefer Ales or Lagers?

View Poll Results: Ales or Lagers?
Ales 103 89.57%
Lagers 12 10.43%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 AM   #31
Stevorino
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I prefer lagers as of now, mainly because they are more drinkable and easier to enjoy w/ friends. But as my journey into homebrewing has progressed, my enjoyment of ales has definitely increased. I look forward to answering this question again in a year!

-Stevorino-_________________________________________
In Keezer:
1. BCS - Wet Hopped West Coast Blaster
2. CYBI - Gordon's IPA Clone
3. BCS - Scottish -80
4. BCS - Specialty Saison (Gold Medal at BMO)
In Process:
1. BCS - Janet's Brown Ale (Fermenting)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 01:50 AM   #32
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Though I agree with landhoney that a sour lager would be great I truely prefer lagers right now. They are smoother and you can taste the hops and malt more clearly. Even most of the strong ones you don't taste the alcohol bite that you do even on comercial examples. Even my favorate Porter is a lager comma Zywiec. Unfortionatly most styles of lagers are ment to be drank in sessions and since the yeast imparts so little flavor by its self the flavor profile is a little lower. But give me a good pilsner for hops than any american pale ale. A good doppelbock over a Russian Imperial Stout. Lagers are just more about the ingrediants than the yeast which is what I like.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:53 AM   #33
Got Trub?
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I brew seasonally and prefer different beers depending on the time of year. I'd much rather drink a lager on a hot summer day then a robust porter. But in the winter a lager just doesn't work for me. So my answer would be - Both!

GT

Quick Reply