New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Do you make beer for you, or for others?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #31
Cromwell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_Chicken View Post
Homebrewing - Keeping people plugged into the fact that there was life and happiness before the electrical outlet.
Haha. But I have an electric keggle....

Primary: Beer / Secondary: Beer / Lagering: Old beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #32
sherma
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I brew things that I think I would like. I haven't yet brewed a style I don't like (for example a Rauchbier). However, I do enjoy sharing my creations with others.

I think more than drinking the beer, I like designing the recipe and seeing how it turns out. I also really like the process and work involved on brew day.

primary: CDA #2
primary: Evil Twin Red
primary: Mosaic Single Hop Pale
Bottled: Oddsides Citra Pale clone, India Cream Ale, CDA #1, Cascadian Dubbel
On deck: Surly Abrasive clone, Yooper's Pale Ale

Old 02-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #33
dan6310
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 95

I brew the styles my wife and I like but also share with close friends. One friend has given me $$ for ingrediens so he gets a few extra bottles on all the batches.
I also exchange with another fellow brewer and we critique each others beer.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #34
Whattawort
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 32

There are several reasons I brew for not just myself, but others as well. Right now one of the biggest reasons I share my homebrew and will make a custom batch or two for others is to spread the word of the beer lords and all that is holy in brewing. Now, I don't get all Jehovah's witness about it and go door to door asking people if they've found religion in homebrew. Yet. Actually, the assbackwards state of mine is pushing to pass a law to finally legalize homebrewing. The more homebrewers there are, and the more that know about the wonderful products of homebrewing there are, the more likely we will get support and push the legislative body to passing the law. I also brew for friends because I just like knowing that I can make something they really dig. My Irish Red is a staple and I'm pretty sure if I didn't have that available a few times a year, I would probably get lynched. More often that not though, I brew for myself mainly because I really like experimenting. Example: "I wonder what this normal APA recipe would be like if I did a cereal and decoc mash. Sure they're both pointless efforts for the style. But add some flaked corn and/or rolled oats, some foreign (to you) hops, and take your time with the decoc and you're making a completely new beer. Some of the experiments have turned out fantastic, some not so much. But you'll never know until you try. Not to mention it's fun to get a little experience doing something completely out of your normal process.

Bottled - JAOM, 2013 Holiday Ale
Kegged - Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Fermenting - Midnight Mild

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!
- Bill Owen

Quick Reply