Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Do you make beer for you, or for others?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #21
BrewPharm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I brew what I like and am pleasantly surprised by the friends/family that enjoy it as well. I have a friend that makes wine and one that makes salsa. We all keep the other hooked up. They can certainly make requests when they are providing my household with consumables. It is great to enjoy my own beer, but the sharing gives me outside opinions. You just have to accept the constructive criticism once in a great while.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #22
kaconga
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 37

60% is for me. 25% is for the wife. The other 15% is for my wife's family reunion each year. I don't do requests from friends unless they are willing to come brew it with me.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:50 AM   #23
badlee
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Me for the larger part,but my inlaws drink it when it's not too hoppy(not very often!) and I enjoy giving a bottle or two to friends and the people who bring back ingredients for me from the world.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #24
Jbird
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I brew for me. It is a great hoppy and you can make it what you want.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:03 AM   #25
norsk
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I brew mostly for others... just don't drink that much. But I do enjoy a well made beer... My wife is the big beer drinker, and she normally has 1 maybe 2 beers on Fri. Sat. and Sun. My friends though can drink with the best of them. After 6 hours of ranch work today my buddy drained 5 bottles while I nursed 1... Always enjoyed cooking and brewing beer is an extension of that. Making beer better than the best craft beers is rewarding in itself. The making for others is the thing....

veteransforpeace.org

VALHALLA BREWERY

Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #26
tme001
Recipes 

I brew because it is my passion. Sharing my brew and hearing
People's thoughts on it is my favorite aspect. Also, the gf loves it.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #27
AVLbrewing
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I love the brewing process, and I like drinking the beer I brew. I also like being generous and passing out my beers to my family and friends. There really isn't a beer that I wouldn't drink, so I try and brew a batch that my family/friends like even if it isn't one I'd normally drink. Example, my father-in-law is a BMC drinker and doesn't like anything "dark" (I.e. with flavor), so im going to brew a cream ale at some point so he can enjoy my homebrew. I'll give him a few 6 packs and share them with him when I'm at his house visiting. If I only brewed for myself, I'd probably only brew IPA's because I'm a creature of habit.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
PhelanKA7
Relax? RELAX?!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 202

I definitely brew for others. I don't really drink that much and it would take me ages to drink all the beer I brew.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #29
Thunder_Chicken
Recipes 

Liked 657 Times on 461 Posts
Likes Given: 178

One of the coolest things about homebrewing is showing people that there are options. Homebrew can be pretty easy - got all the pots, a food-grade bucket or carboy, and a little guidance, you're good.

Homebrew can seem like a miracle to folks used to buying Bud-in-a-can. Real honest-to-the-guy-upstairs beer is such an old technology - 3000+ years. Just reminding people that it is something that they can do in their own homes without too much effort is a wonderful thing.

Homebrewing - Keeping people plugged into the fact that there was life and happiness before the electrical outlet.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #30
bscott1011
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I brew mainly for me, though dad drinks his fair share. Will be brewing for an event for the first time this spring. Planning to keep it simple.

Quick Reply