Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Distribution of oak flavor in a carboy?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
heymorc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Distribution of oak flavor in a carboy?

So I just racked my stout onto oak chips with the bourbon they sat in ..no questions there plenty of posts on the forum...but after I was done racking and realized that the saturated chips were staying on the bottom I began wondering how would the oak and bourbon flavors evenly distribute to the beer on the top I mean its not like those flavors "rise". I couldnt seem to find any similar questions on this. Any people with experience please let me know if you got an even distribution of flavors. It just seems like the beer at the bottom will become extremely oaky/bourbony while it may not be very prevalent in the beer at the top.
thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
lebucheron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 31

This might be the case, but you'll be racking/siphoning out of the fermenter into a bottling bucket or keg, no? Don't worry about it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply