Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Digging thru the brew room

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
captianoats
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default Digging thru the brew room

I've got a huge pear tree in my back yard. Back in '09 I had a bumper crop and decided to make up some wine. I followed a recipe I found, but it never quite finished out right, it always tasted like it was missing something. About a year ago, all of my buckets were full and I needed to make room. I siphoned the bad pear wine into a 5 gallon water carrier that I use when I'm camping, and forgot about it....

Until today. I found it, and it took awhile to figure out what it was (the label had gotten wet and was unreadable) I racked off a glass, and it's great! A little dry, but I'm stabilizing now and I'll sweeten it in a couple of days.

Just another lesson for the new guys. Never dump it out... Just put it in a dark corner for a year or so and see what happens.

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music" --George Carlin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply