Deschutes Inversion IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mew

Reaction score
I had heard a few raving reviews about the Deschutes Inversion IPA, and because all their other products seem so good, I decided to pick up a sixer. I'm halfway through my second glass and I'm very disappointed. It's way too sweet. It's like there is a strong sweetness and a strong bitterness that fight each other, whereas in most brews, the sweetness and bitterness meld into one flavor. Anyone else find this to be true of the Inversion IPA?

I totally agree. I don't like this beer either. I like IPA in general, but this one has never impressed me. I have tried to like it, as you mention most of the Deschutes beers are good. With so many other outstanding options in the IPA dept., this is one to miss for me. If you want a fantasic Eastern Oregon IPA get the Terminal Gravity.

Prost! Tim

I'm glad someone agrees! I'll have to try the terminal gravity IPA, I haven't seen it around but I'll look harder.

Back